Job: Technician Trainee - Naperville
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
POWER UP YOUR CAREER with Safelite Group
What you can expect:
At Safelite®, we are creating a culture that delivers our People Pledge:
• You'll experience great leadership.
• We’ll focus on you first.
• You’ll work with talented people who inspire you to be at your best.
• You’ll become part of a caring culture with opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
Safelite® Group is a nationwide family of retail auto glass companies - the nation's leading provider of auto glass repair and replacement services. We are rapidly growing, evolving and striving to become the Natural Choice for vehicle glass repair and replacement services in the United States.
We drive business performance with an obsessive focus on having talented people who are inspired to deliver great results. Simply put, we believe our people power the performance of our business.
Right now, we’re looking for Technician Trainees to join the nation's largest vehicle glass team. We've been delighting customers for more than 60 years and we're growing our team of installers in your area! We provide paid training and the best tools in the industry to keep your skills sharp.
The Technician Trainee works with a qualified Technician or other trainer to learn to perform the following duties:
• Installs auto glass and other Safelite Group products in store or on a mobile basis.
• Utilizes the proper tools and techniques to ensure efficient, timely, and quality installation service for Safelite Group customers.
• Ensures that all equipment, materials, and areas of operation conform to health and safety regulations and requirements. Maintains clean working area.
• Utilizes Blackberry or Android application functions to accurately quote prices for customers and invoicing.
• Ensures required paperwork is completed and turned in to the appropriate person or location.
• Maintains a safe and acceptable driving record in accordance with company policy.
• May perform auto glass repairs as needed.
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• Knowledge of superior customer service practices with the ability to delight Safelite's customers
• Knowledge of safe driving practices-must have valid drivers license and acceptable driving record
• Ability to lift and carry large, heavy objects (up to 75 pounds)
• Possesses a knack for mechanical aptitude and the skill to operate hand and power tools and equipment and safely operate a motor vehicle
• Ability to operate handheld Blackberry or similar device
• Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, ever-changing environment that is results focused
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, written and verbal, and build credibility with customers
• Superior time management skills with strong organizational, prioritization, and multi-tasking abilities
Who we’re looking for:
• Brand advocates who go above and beyond to create customer delight
• Honest, hard-working people who lack ego but are drenched in integrity
• People who consistently drive for extraordinary results
• Individuals who like to learn, seek challenges and go out of their way to help others be successful
• Team members who will learn our way of working and come up with innovative ways to make us even better
• Those who want a career, not just a job, and who understand the important role they play in the overall success of our business
HOW TO APPLY!:
Respond to this ad with a copy of your resume and hourly pay expectations. Also, visit www.safelitecareers.com today to view a listing of all of our current openings on our growing team.