Acuity Cloud Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Field Underwriter - Illinois (Resident)
at Acuity Cloud Solutions
- Job ID
- Commercial Lines Underwriting
Acuity is seeking a Commercial Field Underwriter to quote and issue new commercial accounts for a selected group of committed agents. Acuity's Commercial Field Underwriter will enthusiastically promote Acuity commercial products to ensure strong growth of profitable business within the Northern Illinois territory.
- Visits each agency on a regular basis with the purpose of soliciting new business and enhancing agency relationships
- Must be prepared to inspect a risk and to immediately make acceptability and pricing decisions. All the agency's prospects submitted should be reviewed.
- Make appropriate selection and pricing decisions consistent with Acuity goals for growth and profitability
- Keep abreast of all company underwriting policies, procedures, and guidelines as well as events affecting the industry
- Attend meetings as required
- Recommend additional coverages or options to make our proposals more responsive to the insured's needs
- Encourage and assist in the production of profitable commercial business by maintaining an excellent working relationship with agents and other Acuity personnel
- Ability to operate automobile
- Ability to operate computer keyboard
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning or equivalent experience. CPCU, CIC or similar insurance designations preferred.
Minimum of five years of commercial underwriting experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively sell Acuity
- Ability to communicate unpopular decisions tactfully
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic
- Goal oriented
This position is classified as exempt