Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Core Faculty - Couple & Family Therapy Department
at Adler University
Adler University’s Couple and Family Therapy Department is excited to announce that we are looking for a core faculty position to start in fall 2019. The department has a COAMFTE-accredited MA in Couple and Family Therapy (MCFT), a COAMFTE-accredited PhD in Couple and Family Therapy (CFTD), and a certificate in Couple and Family Therapy (CCFT). Adler University, a leader in social justice, is conveniently located in the downtown area of the Chicago Loop. Salary and rank is commensurate with experience. See the program websites for more information:
Applicants must have demonstrated a commitment to socially responsible practice, issues of social justice, and individual diversity. Core faculty have a ten-month salaried position with contract and report directly to the Department Chair.
- Earned doctoral degree from a COAMFTE-accredited Couple/Marriage/Medical Family Therapy program
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor designation or proof of eligibility, i.e. Supervisor Candidate status, with plans for completion within the first year of employment
- A current Illinois LMFT license (or demonstration of license ability within the first year of employment)
- Familiarity and understanding of the COAMFTE-accreditation process
- Individuals with the following qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Spanish speaking
- Quantitative research experience/competency
- Supervision through practicum seminar courses in the MA or PhD programs
- Teaching courses in the MA and PhD programs
- Participates in faculty governance (service) including Faculty Council and a faculty committee as well as service to the department
- Advising and mentorship of students
- Chairs and serves as committee member on dissertations in the PhD program (exemption in first year)
- Reviews doctoral qualifying exams
- Participates in recruiting and admissions events including interview activities for the department
- Provides service to the university and the field through state, regional, and national associations aligned with professional goals
- Pursues a scholarly agenda including presentations and publications
- Supports the accreditation processes
- Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair
Participation in university, faculty, and department governance occurs on Tuesdays and courses including practicum seminars are offered in the department on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays with some exceptions depending on need and projected growth of the department. Core faculty are expected to be on campus four days a week during the fall, spring, and summer semesters (ten months). Practicum seminars in the MCFT program are capped at 8 to meet COAMFTE’s definition of group supervision and practicum seminars in the CFTD program are capped at 6 to meet both COAMFTE’s and the state of Illinois’s licensure definitions of group supervision. Courses are offered in fall, spring, and summer semesters.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, curriculum vita, proof of AAMFT Approved Supervisor designation and licensure, description of teaching, therapy, and supervision philosophies, and three letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant’s ability to meet the position qualifications and responsibilities.
Any questions can be directed to the department chair, Dr. Kristina Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adler University offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, state, and law equal employment opportunity laws.