Aero Communications Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tower Technician I
at Aero Communications Inc.
# of Openings:
Fulton Technologies supplies construction services to wireless network operations, including civil, electrical, tower construction, cellular site audits, cellular network maintenance, technical support, and electrical construction, maintenance and design. We are currently seeking a Tower Tech I for our location in Roselle, IL.
· Installs, replaces, and troubleshoots wireless equipment based on direction from Foreman.
· Conducts site prep including assembly, painting, kitting, labeling and color coding.
· Conducts equipment inspections and completes proper documentation. Identifies unserviceable equipment and reports this to Foreman.
· Rigs tower as needed.
· Sets up and properly secures ladders.
· Performs administrative work including reviewing and taking pictures, red lining drawings, completing job safety/site analysis (JSA), making copies and scanning documents.
· Performs vehicle inspections and preventive maintenance.
· Ensures bill of materials is correct per radio frequency data sheets (RFDS) and construction drawings.
· Inventories, orders and restocks materials as needed.
· Performs equipment testing such as sweeps, fiber optic, electrical and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing.
· Properly operates equipment such as Capstan hoist, Gin Pole, Ariel lifts, skid loaders, etc.
· Maintains a clean and safe work environment. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
· Understands and complies with DOT regulations.
· High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must be able to obtain a health card to meet DOT requirements.
· Knowledge and proper use of various hand tools and power tools.
· Versatile, flexible, and willing to work within constantly changing priorities.
· Able to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
· Able to travel regularly and work long hours/weekends as needed.
· Able to work on projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
· Follow directions well and learns tasks quickly.
· Able to learn or proficient in operating test equipment such as Passive Intermodulation (PIM) gear, Anritsu Site master and Fiber Test gear.
· Microsoft Office computer skills.
· Must pass a background check, drug test, and motor vehicle check.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Employee will climb a vertical structure as needed, usually between 100 and 300 feet, but could be up to 500 feet in the air.
• Employee will periodically lift and carry over 50 pounds.
• Employee will be required to work overhead.
• Employee will periodically twist, bend, stand, crawl, or kneel to perform job.
• Employee will periodically hand dig trenches.
• Work environment is primarily outside in different weather conditions.
Fulton Technologies offers medical, dental, vision and medical/dependent care flexible spending accounts. We also offer life and disability insurance, accident, hospital and critical illness insurance, a 401k and paid vacation.
Fulton Technologies is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or other protected characteristic.
Fulton Technologies participates in E-Verify and is a drug-free workplace.