The Director, Corporate Initiatives, will be responsible for Corporate Marketing Partnership relationships. S/he will sell, develop, nurture and close strategic nationwide programs with targeted nationwide companies to generate mission, revenue, and business development opportunities for the Alzheimer's Association. Such relationships would include corporations' marketing & Foundations, Corporate Social Responsibility, branding, loyalty, and business development departments.
This position can be based at the Alzheimer's Association National Office in Chicago, IL or home office based in a major metro market with designated days spent in the local Alzheimer's Association Chapter office.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee day to day corporate marketing partnership operations, including review of reactive opportunities, communication of guidelines, and execution of agreements and implementation of programs.
- In collaboration with high-level corporate staff at the department and Chapter level, lead the development of nationwide sales and relationship strategy for multiple industry relationships to raise significant revenue that supports the strategic plan goals.
- Proactively identify, cultivate and close new corporate marketing relationships with consumer facing companies in multiple industry verticals. Actively involved in selling sponsorships, cause-related marketing programs, license deals, charitable sales promotions and a variety of Association programs.
- Serve as the primary contact for assigned corporations and coordinate account activities collaboratively across Chapter boundaries and across National departments to achieve goals. Communicate activities in a consistent, proactive, and inclusive manner.
- Build relationships with senior-level decision makers at corporate headquarters to represent Alzheimer's Association strategic interests.
- Secure alignment across all pertinent national stakeholders to ensure optimum execution and revenue achievement.
- Collaborate closely with Corporate Initiatives, Relationship Events, Constituent Events, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations and Med-Sci staff to ensure brand compliance and maximize revenue opportunity of business on an ongoing basis.
- Serve as the key internal communicator for activities involving assigned corporations.
- Contribute to building an innovative, customer-focused and collaborative environment.
- Develop and deliver project updates and presentations for various audiences
- Work with staff to ensure all business activity needs are met.
- Manage sales and relationship team.
Working closely with Sr. Director Corporate Initiatives, insure all relationships and contracts for corporate licensing, co-branding, and cause related marketing enhance and protect the Association's reputation and brand. Responsible for team initiating and negotiating relationships
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, or related field.
- 10+ years progressive cause marketing related experience with a proven track record of sales in a relationship-selling environment. Experience in a non-profit setting preferred.
- Demonstrated success in building and growing a cause marketing development function for a large, multi-faceted organization
- Ability to think out-of the-box in the idea phase. Adapts to and thrives in a constant changing environment.
- An ambitious, realistic and enthusiastic mind-set, with a focus on goal orientation and delivering results
- Self-starter, capable of working independently and making decisions based on sound judgement. Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Empathetic and skilled negotiator, able to come up with convincing, mutually beneficial proposals. Gifted communicator who embodies poise and diplomacy in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Must be able to think strategically and execute plans to completion.
- Must have experience in cultivating relationships with corporate executives.
- Excellent creative problem solving, customer service, communications, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence and motivate, especially with staff in a cross functional relationships.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently .
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google applications, especially MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word and willingness to travel.
- Travel as need to successfully carry out essential job functions. Estimated overnight travel is 30%.
Or mail resume and cover letter to:
Send resume to:
Alzheimer's Association, National Office
225 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60601
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employerand we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.