Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Internship - Events
at Alzheimer's Association
The Alzheimer’s Association provides a variety of education, information, support services, and advocacy to persons with dementia, their families, healthcare professionals and the community. As the number of persons affected by Alzheimer’s disease escalates, there is an increased demand for programs and services.
With this demand, the Alzheimer’s Association also requires more funding to provide these needed services. This intern position is needed to assist with the Alzheimer’s Association’s signature event, the Walk to End Alzheimer’s®. The intern will be assisting the Walk Manager for a particular Walk(s) for the duration of the internship with one priority area of focus: Event Experience.
The Event Experience intern will be responsible for day of event logistical needs and recruits and secures day of event entertainment and food/refreshment donations to ensure a great event experience for all participants. The Event Experience intern works with the Walk Manager and committee members to ensure Walk day components are well planned.
During regular business hours of 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; Flexible Schedule with a minimum of 10-15 hours per week.
The Illinois Chapter in Chicago, IL.
This Internship is unpaid and reports to the Manager, Special Events.
Length of Commitment:
Fall (September - December)
Essential Job Functions:
- Be knowledgeable about mission of the Alzheimer’s Association and how Walk fuels that mission.
- In coordination with Walk Manager, develop a plan of action to ensure Walk day logistical needs are met both prior to and during event.
- Work with the Walk Manager and Day of/Logistics Chair to help secure in-kind donations including water, refreshments, food, entertainment and other critical onsite needs.
- Work with Walk Manager to coordinate all vendors, including table and chair rentals, tents, portable restrooms, transportation, equipment, balloon arch, start/finish line, staging, and route needs.
- Adhere to Walk event timeline.
- Continually report progress to Walk Manager.
- Ensure Walk route is exciting, motivational, entertaining and safe for Walkers.
- Implement an exciting Walk start line and finish line experience including the Thank You Brigade best practice.
- Students who apply must currently be enrolled as a full time student at a college or university.
- Preferred majors: Communications, Marketing, Hospitality Management, Parks and Recreation.
- Car and driver’s license are required (will reimburse approved mileage).
- This position requires an individual to be self-motivated and committed to seeing a project from start to finish.
- Student should be proficient in Microsoft Office and have strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills are a must.
- Training will be provided on the job by Supervisor.
- Measurable goals will be established by Supervisor.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!