Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alzheimer's Association
The Staff Auditor is primarily focused on scoping and preparing audit programs, establishing contact with the audit client, conducting fieldwork including control testing, drafting findings and following up on observations and recommendations. The Staff Auditor will have an opportunity to learn about all aspects of the Association and frequent exposure to senior management.
This position is based at the Alzheimer’s Association’s Home Office in downtown Chicago, IL and reports to the Vice President, Enterprise Risk Management & Internal Audit.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work includes performing audit procedures, including developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence and documenting work processes and procedures and identifying and defining issues.
- Prepares andorganizes detailed work papers utilizing Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PDF, and Powerpoint).
- Documents auditfindings; assists with development of process improvement recommendations and preparing audit reports.
- Provides general staff support to the VP, ERM and Internal Audit, and Sr. Director, Internal Audit
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Solid business acumen/ability to see the big picture
- Executing audit engagements of financial, compliance and operational processes and controls
- Preparing risk and control flowcharts, work papers, computations and reports to ensure compliance with established control procedures and identify potential issues
- Identifying risk and control concerns, opportunities for improvement and best practices
- Maintaining sound judgment and creativity when working with others to formulate practical recommendations in response to risk and control concerns and opportunities for improvement
- Drafting root cause observations and feasible recommendations
- Working with others or independently as required by the engagement/project
- Seek guidance and confirmation of progress as required
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Accounting or Finance preferred
- CPA, CIA, CFE preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Internal Auditing and/or Big-4 Auditing
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and training skills
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20-30% by plane or car to travel to remote work sites
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed for the job