Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
National Sales Manager - remote position
- Develops and executes a sales plan which includes sales goal, sales measures, and retention rates.
- Generates interest and sells all services to current and potential customers.
- Recruits and assigns sales people to sales territories in the US and Canada.
- Directs the sales force in the attainment of sales goals.
- Develops and motivates the sales force through sales meetings and sales review process.
- Resolves customer service and sales problems.
- Ensures the sales force is properly trained.
- Monitors all sales expenses.
- Stays abreast of all competitors' services, programs, and fees.
- Consistently achieves defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and net revenue goals by line of business.
- Does joint sales calls 3-4 times a year with each of the sales reps, and visits top accounts and prospects. The purpose of these calls are to develop better relationships with your reps, their customers, and our top customers and prospects, as well as to critique, coach, and council each of your sales reps in a live on the job environment.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degrees with concentration in communications, marketing, or business preferred; or extensive on-the-job training and experience combined with extensive and up-to-date internal and/or external job pertinent continuing education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Eight to ten years of sales experience in the Customs brokerage, and/or the Transportation/Logistics industry.
- Three to five years of sales management experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective leadership skills in directing and training a sales force.
- Willing to sign a non-compete agreement.
All Deringer employees should be fully committed to the Core Values:
Passion, Respect, Integrity, Expertise, Innovative Solutions, Relationships, Support, Determination, Value and a High Level of Accountability
In addition, the following competencies are specific to this position:
Analytical – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; demonstrates ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
Customer Oriented – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; demonstrates ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things; takes responsibility for own actions; contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Work Standards – Sets high standards and well-defined realistic goals for one’s self; displays a high level of effort and commitment towards completing tasks in a timely manner; demonstrates ability to work independently; meets deadlines and handles large volumes of work.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday).
The employee is required to regularly use hands and fingers; talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to walk.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus.
The employee usually works in a quiet environment.
The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this role and is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Deringer reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.