Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Application Engineer, Digital Twin
Job Reference #: 8489
United States-IL-Evanston, United States-PA-Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area
Company Order Number:
# of openings:
The Senior Application Engineer is responsible for leveraging expert-level engineering knowledge and relationships to support regional accounts with significant impact on software revenue, as well as for helping customers to solve complex engineering problems using ANSYS software products. This role provides technical pre-sales support throughout the entire sales process.
• Lead in coordinating and executing all technical activities throughout the Digital Twin sales opportunity such as customer meetings and solution presentations, demonstrations and evaluations
• Responsible for articulating ANSYS’ Digital Twin value proposition which may encompass its entire suite of products; the presentations must affirm the sales message, differentiate ANSYS, and leave a strong and positive impression to audiences which can include senior company executives
• Work independently to analyze Digital Twin technical needs, requirements, and state of a customers’ current infrastructure, operations, and engineering workflows
• Contribute to the creation and demonstration of scalable multiphysics simulation-based Digital Twin solutions with emphasis on predictive life by working across various teams and in support of the software sales and solutions process
• Participate in internal corporate initiatives to further enhance the Digital Twin solutions, product suites, presales/sales enablement and professional growth; actively participate in the development and mentoring of team members
• Work closely with R&D and Business Units, conduct product and solution testing, and communicate customer needs
• Instruct intermediate and/or advanced training classes on the usage of ANSYS products
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical discipline
• A minimum of 5 years of experience
• Developed a core competency in multiphysics simulation to estimate product design life and lifing through fracture, fatigue, wear, yield, creep and other failure and degradation mechanisms coupled with experience in such as activities related to failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis (FMEA, FMECA), fault tree analysis, root cause analysis, condition-based maintenance (CBM), or predictive maintenance (PdM) to extend the life of products.
• Has demonstrated their expertise through roles as a reliability engineer, quality engineer, prognostics and health management (PHM) maintenance practitioner, MRO engineer, or similar
• Demonstrated use of nCode, FE-SAFE, DARWIN/NASGRO, AFGROW, or similar component life prediction software packages
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to facilitate and conduct webinars and presentations to customers
• Ability to interact effectively with senior business managers and C-level executives
• Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in fluent English
• Logical problem-solving approach and the ability to clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to the customer
• Projects a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
• Possesses a sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow up skills
MS or PhD degree preferred
• A minimum of 6 years of experience in industry
• Must have passion and drive for personal technical excellence and high performance
• Must have customer service aptitude and maintain customer focus
• Ability to travel up to 40%
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
• Customer focus
• Results and Accountability
• Transparency and Integrity
• Sense of urgency
• Collaboration and Teamwork
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.