Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Broker - Aviation Group
Aon is seeking a Broker I
Currently, we have a career opportunity for a Broker in Aon’s Aviation Practice Group. The position is located in Chicago, IL.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of Aon’s Aviation specialty practice based in Chicago.
Our global aviation experts offer risk management and broking services to the entire spectrum of the Aviation industry including but not limited to airlines, aerospace manufacturers, and general aviation operations.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Working with senior brokers on mid to large accounts in assessing client needs, designing solutions and negotiating with insurance carriers to obtain coverage that is in a client’s best interest.
- Supporting the team on mid to large accounts to identify and analyze client exposures and ensure policy coverage addresses all such exposures.
- Market new and renewal business, handling all aspects of the placements from initial market selection through policy delivery to client.
- Handling and maintaining, a diverse book of multi-faceted insurance business including but not limited to non-owned aircraft; products liability; drone; and aircraft hull & liability accounts.
- Provide outstanding and timely service and support to the team and the clients during entire renewal process and after coverage is bound.
- Assist in the creation of submissions for all accounts. Ensuring submission quality to Aon Standards, including details of any midterm changes, new operations, exposure schedules, claims summaries, etc.
- Review and analyze quotes and binders to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Calculating premiums, fees, adjustments and taxes, and retaining copies records in the file.
- Premium invoicing support on accounts.
- Policy review support on placements.
- Processing of certificates of insurance as required in support of client needs.
- Collaborating with senior brokers to continue developing and maintaining thorough knowledge of the Aviation insurance marketplace, products and services.
- Coordinate activities with regional offices as required to meet customer needs.
- Present to local and regional account executives, participate in RFPs, occasional client meetings and conference calls.
- Develop and maintain productive business relationships with key insurance underwriters
- Support overall growth as well as client retention goals.
- Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism and ethical behavior in all activities
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Some travel as required for client, prospect and industry events.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years commercial brokerage customer service and brokerage support experience or underwriting experience
- Aviation Insurance experience a plus
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, exceptional organizational skills, ability to make and communicate difficult decisions.
- Property Casualty Agent-Broker License
- Computer knowledge: Proficient in Microsoft office suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Proven collaboration skills
- Strong oral presentation skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex written messages
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong work ethic
- Analytical skills
- Ability to organize a wide range of tasks from various sources and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Committed to delivering the highest level of customer service and quality
- Ability to work independently or within a team-based environment
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.