Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technology Risk Consultant - Cyber Operational Technology Specialist
Aon is looking for a Technology Risk Consultant-Cyber
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting our Global Cyber PractiReinsurance group in our Chicago office.
Your impact as a Technology Risk Consultant-Cyber
As security technology needs have gone from reactionary to proactive defense, Aon aims to bring cutting edge industry leading capabilities to the insurance and reinsurance industry. The Technology Risk Consultant – Operational Technology Specialist will be an integral member of Aon’s Global Cyber Practice Group, working with Aon Reinsurance brokerage and analytics teams to present and create cyber products, solutions, content, and knowledge. This Consultant will facilitate Aon’s ability to help clients understand cybersecurity exposures – especially as they relate to operational technology (OT) and industrial control systems (ICS) – and find ways to help cyber insurers and reinsurers grow while reducing risk through risk transfer and reinsurance.
Understand the key drivers of network security and OT risk, and be able to communicate them clearly to clients. Ability to identify the full life cycle of a cyberattack, understanding vulnerabilities, attacks and motives to help map aggregation of cyber risk and establish plans to implement solutions, including an ability to create realistic, data-driven scenarios to build and parameterize models. Provide ongoing assessment and consulting as information/industrial control systems and security threats continually change. Retain and grow assigned clients and prospects. Understand where changes in the cybersecurity industry will create opportunity for Aon to take advantage of developing new capabilities and products around this changing environment. Assist in the development of cyber products for the (re)insurance industry and advancement of leading-edge capabilities for Aon.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- At least five (5) years’ experience advising and consulting in Cybersecurity/Network Security/Operational Technology
- Experience implementing, deploying, and/or assessing the security of Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and Supervisory Control and Data Advisory (SCADA) systems.
- Intimate familiarity with the components of ICS and SCADA environments, to include hardware, software, and communications protocols.
- Expert knowledge of information systems and security best practices, to include penetration testing, security frameworks, networking, and programming.
- Evaluate and analyze threats, vulnerabilities, and, ultimately, risk to ICS/SCADA/IT environments.
- Knowledge of “kill-chain”, ATT&CK, or other recognized framework to analyze and quantify risk to a specific environment/company or multiple environments/industry.
- Interprets/utilizes/builds various data points for cyber insurance, understanding cyber exposures and determining what should or should not insured
- Liaise between the insurance industry and cybersecurity / information technology industry, articulating knowledge to a non-technology audience
- Experience in client facing consulting and delivering projects under tight deadlines
- Develop productive business relationships and have sales capabilities
- Convey relevant information to technical and nontechnical audiences, both verbally and in writing
- At least three years of experience working in an ICS/SCADA environment and/or testing, securing, and evaluating risks to these environments.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or Engineering
- Experience working within the Military / Intelligence Agency / Government / Law Enforcement / Cybersecurity space
- Knowledge of connected devices (i.e. Internet of Things) and vulnerabilities associated with such devices.
- Working knowledge of a relevant programming language (Python, C, C++, BASH, etc.)
- Experience of working in a globally matrixed organization
- Experience with parameterizing, building, or using risk and/or financial modeling
- Ability to translate information about the threat environment and security posture into relevant implications about frequency and severity of risk to insurance products
- Experience within the insurance industry or some knowledge of cyber insurance products and initiatives
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.