Applied Systems Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Agency Consultant - Accounting / Finance
at Applied Systems Inc
Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for an Agency Consultant – Accounting/Finance to independently perform consulting engagements with clients of Applied Systems. Using your detailed knowledge of our products, third party products, technology trends, insurance issues and trends, and industry best practices, you will design, develop, and deliver business solutions for Applied’s clients specific to the Accounting and/or Finance functions of their businesses. You will perform fee-based enterprise solutions engagements (at times supervising these engagements) with customers to provide strategic, “outside the box” solutions that will ensure an optimum value delivery for on-site and remote consulting services. You will servic clients that range in size and scope, up to and including complex international envrionemnts in fields such as Property & Casualty, Life & Health, Financial Services, Brokers, Wholesalers, etc. You can live anywhere within the US or Canada, as you will work remotely when not travelling.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Developing a detailed functional understanding of Applied Systems’ core products and how they can be applied to clients’ business challenges
- Functioning as an “expert” in areas such as Business Process Design , Project Management, Operations/Automation Management, and/or Accounting/GL
- Appropriately prepare for each client interaction, including development of agendas, questionnaires, research tools, and other artifacts as required to deliver the services
- Serving as the client’s advocate within Applied Systems to address various issues
- Overseeing the complete solution delivery
- Supporting the Sales team and Enterprise Services leadership in driving a positive overall customer relationship
- Supporting the Sales team in engaging in pre-service-sales activities such as scoping conversations and pre-sale engagements
- Attending conventions, summits, or user group meetings as requested
- College degree or equivalent work experience; advanced degree preferred (preferable business-related)
- As we hire both experienced and more “junior” level consultants, applicable insurance experience ranges, including:
- 5-10+ years of experience in an agency/brokerage environment, including successful client service/consulting experience; management/leadership experience ideal, but open to any level of agent/broker experience
- Subject matter expertise in the Accounting and/or Finance space a must, including experience as a Bookkeeper, Controller, and/or CFO in an agency or brokerage
- CPA designation is a plus
- 2+ years of experience with Applied core products (Epic, TAM, DORIS, Vision); ancillary product experience (Applied Mobile, Applied Rater, Applied Performance Management, etc.) a plus
- May also consider candidates with strong competitor product experience
- Any mix of P&C and L&H insurance knowledge
- Available for 25-75% travel throughout the US and/or Canada (high-level consultants travel more frequently – must be within reasonable driving distance from an airport, ideally international, providing direct flight options)
- Exceptional speaking, presentation, and technical writing skills
- Demonstrated consultation/facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to scope work, identify opportunities, and assist in the "selling" of Enterprise Solutions ideal
- Ability to make ongoing contributions and enhancements to the Enterprise Solutions Methodology based on industry experience and client experiences
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required
Make a Difference Every Day with Team Applied
The people of Applied are making a difference every day through innovation and a commitment to help safeguard and protect what matters most. With first-to-market software, mobile and data analytics solutions, Applied is revolutionizing companies to strengthen their position as trusted advisors to clients across the world. Our core values challenge employees to make a difference every day with excellence for customers and support for the communities around us. We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people.
Learn how you can make a difference on Team Applied.
Applied Systems is a leading provider of software that powers the business of insurance. Recognized as a pioneer in agency management systems, insurance organizations rely on the company’s software to manage their clients and policies in a consistent manner to minimize risk, reduce operating expenses, and drive sustainable growth and profitability. Leading the industry in technology innovation, Applied Systems has been at the forefront of data exchange between agencies, brokers, carriers and their clients. Today, the company has more than 1,500 employees with customers throughout the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Ireland. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied Systems remains committed to help safeguard what matters most to millions of people around the world. To learn more, please visit www.AppliedSystems.com.
Employees feel appreciated at Applied Systems. In addition to a competitive benefits package that starts on the first day of employment, we offer paid time off, a flexible ”Dress for your Day” casual dress code, and an open communication policy. The resulting atmosphere is professional and conducive to productivity, yet comfortable and fun.
Applied Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.