Applied Systems Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Conversion Programmer
at Applied Systems Inc
Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for a Data Conversion Programmer to assist the insurance agencies we serve with converting their customer data into a format that is compatible with our software. In this role, you will work closely with members of several other departments, with a focus on creating SQL queries that allow for the delivery of a timely and high quality conversion for each agency we are assisting. Additionally, you will spend time researching, testing, and implementing new and improved control methods and procedures to increase the quality of future conversions.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Review programming code to identify problems with data conversions
- Review completed conversions, analyze data, and run other required data integrity checks
- Assist trainers and agencies in rectifying any conversion related situations that arise prior to or after the final conversion has been loaded
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Ability to create and understand SQL queries
- Ability to read and understand programming code
- Functional Microsoft O/Sand database experience
- Solid skills in MS Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Access
- Advanced skills in analysis/organization of project related tasks according to required specifications
- Basic understanding of networking, remote access capabilities, and programming
- Ability to plan and organize technical projects; experience with deadlines for project completion
- Customer service experience helpful but not required
- Experience with ETL tools, particularly Pervasive products, is desired
Make a Difference Every Day with Team Applied
The people of Applied are making a difference every day through innovation and a commitment to help safeguard and protect what matters most. With first-to-market software, mobile and data analytics solutions, Applied is revolutionizing companies to strengthen their position as trusted advisors to clients across the world. Our core values challenge employees to make a difference every day with excellence for customers and support for the communities around us. We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people.
Learn how you can make a difference on Team Applied.
Applied Systems is a leading provider of software that powers the business of insurance. Recognized as a pioneer in agency management systems, insurance organizations rely on the company’s software to manage their clients and policies in a consistent manner to minimize risk, reduce operating expenses, and drive sustainable growth and profitability. Leading the industry in technology innovation, Applied Systems has been at the forefront of data exchange between agencies, brokers, carriers and their clients. Today, the company has more than 1,300 employees with customers throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied Systems remains committed to help safeguard what matters most to millions of people around the world. To learn more, please visit www.AppliedSystems.com.
Employees feel appreciated at Applied Systems. In addition to a competitive benefits package that starts on the first day of employment, we offer paid time off, a business casual dress code, and an open communication policy. The resulting atmosphere is professional and conducive to productivity, yet comfortable and fun.