Applied Systems Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Insurance Content Writer/Editor
at Applied Systems Inc
Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for a Content Writer/Editor to join our Product Management team, the intersection of business and technology. You will join a team that is responsible for content strategy, creation and delivery of client-facing content. You will liaise closely with our network of internal subject matter experts to create content which fully meets the needs of Applied and its clients.
You’ll love this role if you:
- Like to flex your creative muscles and bring fresh ideas to editorial planning and storylines
- Want to forge a new path with like-minded colleagues
- Enjoy research, learning new topics and spreading that knowledge through engaging content
Note that you may live anywhere in the United States for this position, as we are most concerned about finding the best talent!
Additional responsibilities include:
- Review and edit your work for accuracy and readability ensuring the it meets both business and end-user objectives
- Participate in peer reviews and offer constructive feedback to strengthen peer writing
- Use content tools to manage (publish, update) content
- Monitor to ensure that all content is up-to-date, engaging, relevant and appropriate
- Ensure that content adheres to Applied’s brand and writing guidelines
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of insurance industry, content marketing and social media trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English or related field; or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of copywriting experience
- Working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with content management, digital writing standards and AP style preferred.
- Strong P&C experience preferred; Benefits insurance knowledge is a plus.
- Working knowledge of how to translate complex subjects and processes into easily understood content for a variety of audiences.
- Superior communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills; able to manage concurrent projects of varying size and complexity
- Ability to organize and oversee projects from initial concept through completion and launch
Make a Difference Every Day with Team Applied
The people of Applied are making a difference every day through innovation and a commitment to help safeguard and protect what matters most. With first-to-market software, mobile and data analytics solutions, Applied is revolutionizing companies to strengthen their position as trusted advisors to clients across the world. Our core values challenge employees to make a difference every day with excellence for customers and support for the communities around us. We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people.
Learn how you can make a difference on Team Applied.
Applied Systems is a leading provider of software that powers the business of insurance. Recognized as a pioneer in agency management systems, insurance organizations rely on the company’s software to manage their clients and policies in a consistent manner to minimize risk, reduce operating expenses, and drive sustainable growth and profitability. Leading the industry in technology innovation, Applied Systems has been at the forefront of data exchange between agencies, brokers, carriers and their clients. Today, the company has more than 1,600 employees with customers throughout the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Ireland. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied Systems remains committed to help safeguard what matters most to millions of people around the world. To learn more, please visit www.AppliedSystems.com.
Employees feel appreciated at Applied Systems. In addition to a competitive benefits package that starts on the first day of employment, we offer paid time off, a flexible ”Dress for your Day” casual dress code, and an open communication policy. The resulting atmosphere is professional and conducive to productivity, yet comfortable and fun.
Applied Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.