Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ARDC 2Nd Shift Material Handler
Operator is responsible for operating material handling equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform order filler or order checker duties in addition to his or her own.
Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area
- Order Picking
Pull and prepare product for shipment. Ensure that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars or trailers.
Load, unload, move, stack and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp, push-pull or other powered equipment. Position also requires the use of RF equipment. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation. Conduct cycle counts as requested.
Perform or assist in building, grounds and equipment maintenance as required
Typical Work Schedule: This req is for the replacement of two material handlers.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Good communication skills (verbal & written); bilingual, English/Spanish preferred
- Hard working, dependable, safety conscious and team oriented.
- Operating forklift and other industrial equipment as necessary
- This position requires OSHA certification and forklift recertification every 3 years
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work standing or walking for long periods of time
- Work bending and squatting
- Able to make logical decisions
- Work in cold refrigerated and frozen conditions
- Must be able to work in freezer environment at -10 deg for extended period of time
ARYZTA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE)