DuPage County Regional Office of Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Crossing Guard - Afternoons
at DuPage County Regional Office of Education
Job Reference #: 3706_34
Openings as of 2/19/2019
- Crossing Guard - Afternoons JobID: 3706
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Crossing Guard
- Date Posted:
1 - Elementary Prairie
Naperville Community Unit School District 203 Hours 2:30 - 3 pm every day of student attendance.
- Using procedures and training provided by the Naperville Police Department, stop traffic to allow children to safely cross the street.
- Direct children when it is safe to cross the street and when they should wait.
- Interact with children and families in a positive way.
- Report injuries, accidents, or illnesses to appropriate authority, either Police Dispatch or School Administrator.
- Report safety concerns to appropriate authority, either Police Dispatch or School Administrator.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with children in a school setting preferred
- Able to work at multiple locations
- This position is Non-Exempt and paid an hourly rate established annually by the Board of Education
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the responsibilities the employee is required to talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment can be very loud at times. Must be able to hold a stop sign up several times a day for periods of up to 1 minute long.
- Standing 80% of the time and for periods of up to 30 minutes required. Walking approximately 20% of the time. Must be able to navigate street crossing areas which include, concrete and curbs. The position is sometimes performed in temperatures as low as zero (0) degrees Fahrenheit, or as high as 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Duties may be performed in wind, rain, snow, ice, sun, heat, etc.
Pay Rate: $11/hour - Each shift paid at 1.5 hours. ($16.50 per shift)
Location: Gartner and Charles
The purpose of the Crossing Guard is to assist children in crossing busy intersections on their way to and from school.This position works at any one of our crossing locations on an as needed basis.