DuPage County Regional Office of Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at DuPage County Regional Office of Education
Openings as of 10/14/2019
- Substitute Custodial JobID: 446
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
J. Sterling Morton High School
J. Sterling Morton High School District 201
TITLE: SUBSTITUTE CUSTODIAL
DEFINITION: Temporary employees to substitute for absent custodians in the following circumstances:
a) For employee(s) on vacation;
b) For employee(s) on leave of absence;
c) For employee(s) on sick leave; and
d) During school recess periods; and
e) To fill vacancies on a short term basis.
1. Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
2. Certification of good health signed by a licensed physician.
3. Demonstrates aptitude for successful fulfillment of assigned responsibilities.
4. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Foreman
To provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean and efficient place in which to learn, play and develop.
1. Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways and play areas neat and clean at all times.
2. Shovel, plow, and/or sand walks, driveways and parking areas, and steps when required.
3. Checks daily to insure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
4. Sweeps and mops assigned classrooms daily and dusts furniture in those rooms.
5. Cleans assigned corridors each day.
6. Scrubs, hoses down and disinfects washroom floors and cleans all sanitary fixtures.
7. Washes walls and ceilings.
8. Operates scrubbing machine.
9. Washes all windows on both the inside and outside at least twice each year and more frequently if directed.
10. Keeps the grounds free from rubbish.
11. Keeps all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of preservation.
12. Cleans chalkboards in all assigned rooms at least once a month.
13. Makes such minor building repairs as he is capable of.
14. Reports major repairs needed promptly to the foreman.
15. Reports immediately to the foreman any damage to school property.
16. Remains on the school premises during school hours, and during non-school hours when the use of the building has been authorized and his attendance is required by the foreman.
17. Assumes responsibility for the opening and closing of the building each school day and for determining, before leaving, that all doors and windows are secured, and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons, are turned off.
18. Conducts an ongoing program of general maintenance, upkeep, and repair.
19. Moves furniture or equipment within buildings as required for various activities and as directed by the foreman.
20. Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish and waste.
21. If assigned, assumes responsibility for the safe condition of the swimming pool, making all necessary water tests, back washing the filters, and refilling the pool as necessary.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Temporary- less than 600 hours per IMRF rules.
SHIFT: All shifts