DuPage County Regional Office of Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substitute Teacher Assistants (18-19 School Year)
at DuPage County Regional Office of Education
Openings as of 2/19/2019
- Substitute Teacher Assistants (18-19 School Year) JobID: 9458
- Position Type:
Substitute/Substitute Teaching Assistant
- Date Posted:
Multiple Locations (no travel)
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Indian Prairie School District 204
- To be considered for a position as a substitute teacher's assistant, applicants MUST have a paraprofessional license or hold an Illinois Professional Educator License (teaching license) or Substitute License. For more information on this approval, please see the following website: . If you have questions about the approval, please contact the DuPage Regional Office of Education at 630-407-5800.
- Successfully complete a criminal history background investigation ( Within the last 90 days of invite to an orientation).
- Have written evidence of physical fitness (physical exam) and a negative tuberculosis test taken within the last 90 days.
- Must have a current telephone number.
- Must have his/her own transportation.
Assist the teacher by working with individual students or small groups to achieve teaching objectives when the permanent employee is absent. We are seeking enthusiastic and flexible substitutes. We expect substitutes to make themselves available for assignments on a regular and consistent basis. Substitute work history will be monitored.
Maintain the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of staff.
Assist with implementing strategies to reinforce learning and meet students' individual needs.
Assist with assessments, implementation of behavior management plans, and other responsibilities as assigned by the teacher or supervisor.
Supervisor non-instructional activities.
Provide services on a one-to-one basis as appropriate.
Selection Process: Applications will be reviewed and only applicants whose qualifications and experience meets the need of the position, will be contacted for a screening. If selected, qualified applicants will be contacted directly by a District representative.
Rate of pay: $10.75/hour
Working Conditions: Regular Education or Special Education Self-Contained classrooms.