Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Audit Senior Manager or Director – Manufacturing and Distribution
at BKD, LLC
- Job ID
The BKD audit team provides assurance services that go beyond the compliance function. This team brings credibility to our clients' financial picture, communicates information objectively and clearly, and provides insight to help clients improve their businesses. Our Chicago practice, (located in downtown Chicago or Oakbrook Terrace), is seeking an Audit Senior Manager or Director with experience in Manufacturing and Distribution.
This position will be responsible for performing the following:
- Assist in managing, developing and coaching professional staff
- Accurately complete and review audit engagements in a manner that meets professional technical requirements
- Adequately identify audit risks and problems through review to ensure audit engagements are completed with defendable files and documentation
- Consistently identify engagement and operating problems and provide timely solutions and consultation
- Manage multiple concurrent engagements without disruption or loss of control and within scheduled deadlines
- Manage multiple client relationships, billings and resource needs
- Build personal referral sources and clientele while actively participate in team marketing opportunities
- Lead audit committee meetings presentations
- Participate in speaking and article writing opportunities
- Complete CPE specific to the manufacturing and distribution industry
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in MS Office suite - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent client relationship skills and time management skills
- Ability to recruit and develop firm associates and team members
- Team and engagement management
- Innovative ideas to servicing clientele
- Minimum 7 years of audit experience in public accounting required
- Manufacturing & Distribution experience preferred
- Current CPA designation required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting required
- Experience managing multiple client engagements
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
BKD is a place where people build careers, gain new skills and enjoy big firm resources with a small firm approach to teamwork and camaraderie. We focus on providing unmatched client service to everyone we encounter—both in the marketplace and in our offices. We also offer the support, resources and opportunities you need to further develop your career. We listen to learn, combine innovation with practicality and give back to the communities where we live and work.
See what we offer new hires in terms of competitive compensation, People First benefits and paid time off.
Take your career to the next level at BKD.
BKD, LLP, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,650 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.
Click here for more information regarding BKD’s Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, Reasonable Accommodations for Disabilities, and E-Verify.