Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Outside Sales Representative
at BlueLinx Corporation
- Regular Full-Time
- Job ID
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, BlueLinx, is a leading distributor of building products in North America. Employing over 1,500 people, BlueLinx offers thousands of products from suppliers all over the world to service over 10,000 customers nationwide, including dealers, industrial manufacturers, manufactured housing producers and home improvement retailers. The Company operates its distribution business through a vast network of distribution centers located throughout the U.S. BlueLinx is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BXC.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Identifies new sales opportunities with new and existing customers. Sales efforts typically focus on selling program business.
- Maximizes sales efforts by focusing sales time on largest most profitable opportunities (may include segmenting account list).
- Improves profitability, product penetration and product mix with all customers.
- Qualifies sales opportunities through market / customer research and teaming with inside sales representatives.
- Develops sales solutions and competitive pricing strategies. Communicates value proposition to customers. Proposes sales solutions to customers and reevaluate solutions where necessary.
- Close sales opportunities by gaining purchase order and executing all order fulfillment procedures.
- Provides outstanding customer service and post sales satisfaction facilitating long term relationships for repeat business with customers.
Market, product and customer knowledge; consultative selling skills. Strong planning, organization, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills. Knowledge of the organization’s policies. A solid level of knowledge is needed in account management, scheduling, customer support and service, product knowledge, product pricing, sales support, warehousing, distribution, transportation and records. Must be an aggressive self motivated individual. Possesses basic telephone skills with the ability to identify key issues, evaluate facts and recommend appropriate action. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software and relevant sales systems technology.
Years of experience: 2-5 years experience with BS / BA or equivalent industry experience; 2-4 years experience with MS / MA / MBA.