Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Personal Trainer
at Brooklyn Boulders
OUR STORY: In 2009 Brooklyn Boulders (also known as “BKB”) opened its first facility in an old newspaper factory in Brooklyn, NY. Since then, we've grown and evolved beyond what we even thought was possible. Inspired by climbing and community, we're setting out to revolutionize the climbing and fitness industries by integrating them with unique art, culture, and entrepreneurship experiences.
We live and breathe our CORE VALUES. They’re what makes BKB…BKB!
GET WEIRD Be yourself. BKB is your creative playground.
CO-CREATE Trust your team. Results are stronger when we collaborate.
BE RELENTLESS Attitude is everything.Take risks. Fall hard. Get back up.
MAKE IT BEAUTIFUL Create something extraordinary. Be proud to share it. Never stop improving.
MAKE IT AN OPEN HOUSE PARTY Encourage diversity and inclusion
WE ARE: Combining work, life, and play. We're creating and fostering a diverse community of climbers, creatives, fitness enthusiasts, and entrepreneurs all under one roof. Our community is our lifeblood. Whether it's through special events, climbing classes, or everyday interactions in our collaborative workspaces, our work is motivated by our commitment to providing them with inspiring experiences and exceptional opportunities.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR: An enthusiastic, motivated individual stoked on helping others achieve their goals. Someone as passionate about changing lives as they are about fitness. Someone who wants to inspire and be relentless.
The Personal Trainer (PT) performs fitness and goal assessments with guests and prospects, delivering unique and integrated personalized climbing and fitness programming to meet or exceed those goals. The PT participates in sales, promotional processes, and events as necessary, and they must be able to schedule and complete record keeping according to standard operating procedures.
- Teach scheduled PT sessions completely, and on time.
- Provide a PT experience that is in-line with target member persona, as well as showcasing the BKB fitness & lifestyle brand.
- Be aware of, and help to ensure the success of of appropriate promotional, conversion and retention strategies.
- Act as an ambassador for the BKB brand and health, climbing and fitness on and off the clock in our facilities.
- Use the appropriate systems (provided) to track sales, conversion, retention, hours worked, as well as any other data-tracking and reporting functions as instructed by your manager.
- Report feedback to Climbing and Fitness Manager as needed.
- Conduct Outreach/ Networking to Generate leads as required by management.
- Work diligently to retain clients through superior service and generating results in their achievement of fitness and climbing goals.
- Report any needs or issues related to trainers, equipment, members, or schedules to Climbing & Fitness Manager.
- Know and abide by all Standard Operating Procedures for the Climbing & Fitness department.
- Ensure all students are engaged and inspired on a deeper level in order to build up the BKB community as well as the member-trainer relationship.
- Keep all fitness and climbing areas clean, tidy and in a better state than you found them in accordance with any applicable SOPs.
- Attend meetings as determined by Climbing & Fitness Manager, with the goal of improvements in fitness and Certified Personal Training offerings.
- Responsible for meeting revenue/sessions and performance goals.
- Must hold, and maintain personal training certifications and other modality certifications as required by the C&F Manager.
- Work time on the floor fielding questions, selling PT sessions, and conducting consults/assessments as scheduled and required by C&F Manager.
- At least one PT cert (NASM, ACE, etc.) or the willingness to obtain one within 90 days of hiring
- At least 2 years of PT experience desirable
- Valid CPR cert
- Additional modality specializations, IE: Yoga, Kettlebell, etc.
- Passionate, hard working, committed to changing people's lives
- Climbing experience a huge plus!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and the PERSONAL TRAINER is…
- Passionate, positive, and hardworking
- Committed to changing people's lives