Buffalo Grove Park District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Buffalo Grove Park District
Openings as of 2/17/2019
- Bus Driver JobID: 234
- Position Type:
Preschool & Early Childhood Programs
- Date Posted:
The Discovery Kids Bus Driver is a part-time position whose main responsibilities include safely transporting participants to and from their elementary schools and the Alcott Center, assisting participants with getting on and off the bus, and helping secure their seatbelts and safety harnesses. The Bus Driver will also assist with lunch supervision which includes, cleanup and wiping down tables, classroom management, and helping students get ready to leave the class and go on the bus in between driving routes.
Hours: 8 - 9 am & 11 am - 1 pm - Monday - Friday or
11 am - 1 pm & 3 - 4 pm - Monday - Friday (Availability to substitute as needed)
Pay Range: $13 - $14 per hour
1. Pick up and transport participants economically in regards to time and mileage.
2. Wear safety belt and assist participants in securing their safety belts.
3. Assist participants on and off vehicle when necessary.
4. Assist coworkers with lunch supervision between driving routes.
5. Adhere to all general rules and policies of the Buffalo Grove Park District including the written policy and procedure manual for the Discovery Kids program and Part Time Employee Manual.
6. Ensure safety of participants at all times by conducting a daily vehicle check, filling out the vehicle safety inspection form, and follow the park district driving procedures as well as rules of the road.
7. Be familiar with the operation of the wheelchair lift and provide special assistance to non-ambulatory participants.
8. Communicate with Recreation Supervisor, teachers, and participants.
9. Inform custodial staff when gas tank is down to ¼ full.
10. Maintain a clean vehicle by checking after each trip for leftover items.
11. Maintains good customer service including but not limited to participants, parent and/or guardians, school personnel, and park district staff.
12. Make recommendations and ensure that the Park District is in compliance with all ADA guidelines for registration, programs and facilities.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
1. Valid Illinois Driver’s License. Must meet requirements in Buffalo Grove Park District driving policy. CDL not required.
2. High school diploma or equivalent.
3. Previous experience working with elementary aged children is preferred.
4. Possess, or attain within six months of employment valid Adult CPR/AED Certification.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
1. Driver may have to lift a participant in case of a safety issue.
2. Driver will be required to work during various weather and building conditions; primary responsibilities are outdoors and in vehicle.
3. Driver must be able to assist participants on and off the bus and walk them to and from the school/classroom.