Burns & McDonnell Corp
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Burns & McDonnell Corp
Must have experience running $15mm projects
The Construction Superintendent is responsible for field operations on the assigned project(s) in order to achieve safe, timely and profitable completion of each project. Plans, organizes, and supervises specific portions of construction work for an assigned area of a construction project. Responsible for the construction scheduling of the construction related activities of the subcontractors to confirm the completion of contractual construction activities. Maintains continuity of job progress and maximizes efficiencies related to the assigned area.
- Responsible for the oversight of the following project work activities: site earthwork and layout, concrete flatwork and foundation, structural steel, steel and wood framing, interior finishes, millwork, roofing, plumbing, HVAC systems, fire protection, and commercial electrical systems.
- Responsible for overall supervision of construction effort, which includes: safety, productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, materials management, scheduling, engineering, and contractual performance of the project.
- Responsible for subcontractor contractual compliance on designated construction related activities.
- Build effective client and subcontractor relationships. Interface with client representatives, A/E representatives, and other contractors.
- Collaborate with project management to develop and implement project procedures, working documents, and standards.
- Authorize purchase requisitions, field design change requests, etc., under supervision of Construction Manager and Project Manager.
- Responsible for overall project safety. Reviews and audits site specific safety documentation, including Pre-Task Analysis (PTAs) and Task Safety Observations (TSOs) on a regular basis.
- Complete daily field reports and take daily pictures to document construction progress.
- Assess future work activities and identify any concerns with work plans by utilizing subcontractors 3-week look ahead report.
- Develop a marked-up and as-built set of drawings to produce the record set documents, and answer RFIs with assistance from Assistant Project Manager or Field Engineer.
- Direct and manage subcontractor as necessary to comply with the established project schedule, and track and verify progress on an installed quantity and work hour basis.
- Oversee the construction of complete buildings and/or structures.
- Develop punch lists of items out of compliance or not completed.
- Verify the most current drawing revisions are being used in the field.
- Read, interpret, and understand civil, foundation, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing drawings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years construction management experience or craft supervision experience on similar projects.
- Must have excellent communication skills, strong leadership skills, and a strong safety background.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
- Must be able to meet company's driving requirements.