Burns & McDonnell Corp
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
T&D Operations Manager
at Burns & McDonnell Corp
TheT&D Operations Manager, working with the Regional GP Manager, will provideoverall operational leadership for the Chicago Transmission and DistributionGlobal Practice.
Specific areas of responsibility include the following, withother duties as assigned by the Regional GP Manager:
· Advocate for safety in theDivision.
· Responsible for the quality of workwithin the department including the facilitation of best practices andcontinuous improvement. Work with theQuality Manager to develop and champion effective and efficient processes andprocedures. Implement and followcorporate and global practice quality initiatives.
· Assists in the development ofRegional GP strategy including the development of the Business Plan.
· Responsible for operations levelcollaboration strategy with other ROs and WHQ.
· Responsible for reviewing resourcerequirements with other management and assist with obtaining the necessaryresources.
· Provide overall leadership to theteam through strong communication, empowering of others, and servant leadership.
· Provide administrative, supervisoryand technical direction for T&D Engineering personnel; review or provideoversight of personnel performance (90-day and annual performance appraisals,coaching sessions, etc.) to obtain quality and efficient, cost-effectiveutilization of staff while maintaining billability goals.
· Responsible for fostering a healthyand vibrant employee-owner culture within the team through the leverage ofsound team-building practices, the promotion and administration of effectiveconflict resolution, the promotion of ownership mentality, a healthy work-lifebalance, and community engagement.
· Advance, develop, and promotetechnology, tools, and work flows to increase efficiency of designs, proposals,specification development, and project execution.
· Identify training needs and overseethe development and administration of necessary training programs.
· Demonstrate creativity, foresight andmature judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
· Monitor progress on projects and provideinput into areas of concern and direction or redirection to enhance achievementof project schedules, productivity goals, budgets, and quality.
· Assist with and lead proposal efforts.
· Recruit, develop and retain staff; mentorstaff for division growth.
· Facilitate go/no-go decisions in cooperationwith T&D leadership.
· Recommend changes in basic structureand organization of the section to maximize the effective fulfillment of objectivesassigned to it.
· Advance and develop tools and work flowsto increase efficiency of designs, specification development, and project execution.
· Support diversity and communityengagement initiatives.
· Maintain strong relationships with CHIT&D clients and serve as an Account Manager.
Bachelor'sdegree in engineering from an accredited program. Minimum 8 years relatedprofessional experience in T&D project such as transmission and substationengineering design. Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communicationskills; strong interpersonal skills; and the ability to clearly and effectivelypresent complex information to all levels of employees, management, andclients. Position requires the ability to thoughtfully and positivelyinfluence, lead, and manage change. Candidates must possess strong designskills and a strategic perspective. Mustbe licensed as a Professional Engineer with ability to obtain PE in Illinois withina year.