Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Credit Analyst
at Byline Bank
Come work with us. Work in a place where hard work is rewarded. Where you make a real difference. Where the people you work with treat you like family – because that’s exactly what you are.
Byline Bank is a growing financial institution and we’re hoping you can join our team and grow with us!
Byline Bank is currently seeking a Senior Credit Analyst to evaluate the financial condition of individuals and businesses applying for credit with the financial institution and prepare loan presentations for Credit Committee.
What you need to bring…
An interest in SBA Lending and Commercial Banking and working with people, building relationships and providing the best customer experience possible is essential to this role. You should have completed your undergraduate degree (business, finance and accounting are preferred; all majors considered)
Analyst Core Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze financial statements including calculating performance ratios and financial covenants.
Evaluate overall credit risk of small business applicants and their owners to determine repayment ability of C&I loans and overall business performance via ratio analysis and comparative trends
Review and analyze third party reports and data as well as complete independent research to analyze market conditions and assess collateral values.
Review loan requests for SBA 7(a) eligible structure and eligible use of proceeds
Prepare spreadsheets, conduct background searches and incorporate them in credit memorandums used in the approval decision process for loan committees and senior management
Communicate with lending team and directly with borrowers in order to resolve issues and provide comprehensive review of their loan requests
- Prepare written presentations for credit requests fully assessing and exhibiting the request’s risk profile.
- Ensure compliance with established bank policies and procedures.
- Provide high-quality customer service in a courteous and professional manner consistent with our company philosophy.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or other related field with strong knowledge of financial accounting.
At least 3 years of experience in financial institution credit analysis.
SBA 7(a) credit analysis experience is highly desirable.
Exceptional analytical, organization, problem solving and time management skills.
Working knowledge of federal and state banking regulations.
Working knowledge of Small Business Administration Standard Operating Procedures desired.
- Strong ability to work in a team based environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Office, Word and Excel.
- Strong analytic and reasoning skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Byline Bank is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination based upon age, race, religion, color, disability, marital status, gender, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation, due to a medical condition or disability, during any part of the application, please contact the human resources department to let us know the nature of your request.