Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Black Belt - Supply Chain
at Cardinal Health
What Black Belt contributes to Cardinal Health
Black Belt is responsible for driving change by focusing on customers, employees, and processes resulting in a culture of excellence. Black Belts identify and execute against performance improvement opportunities across the enterprise using contemporary process improvement tools.
- Demonstrates experience in applying contemporary improvement techniques and producing results for a function and/or business unit.
- Assesses current business performance against Cardinal Health's business strategy for a specific site and/or function.
- Works with multiple teams of business practitioners to synthesize findings ,develop improvement recommendations and lead execution of initiatives.
- Collaborates with customers and suppliers on improvement projects.
- Leads Kaizen and Black Belt projects.
- Possesses or is enrolled as a Lean Leader and/or Black Belt.
- Mentors and trains Kaizen Leaders and Green Belts.
- Conduct Six Sigma Define Measure Analyze Improve Control (DMAIC), Lean and Design For Six Sigma (DFSS), projects, leading teams to address business process problems and design new processes to achieve results
- Facilitate problem-solving and Work-Out sessions to lead teams to address issues not requiring the DMAIC approach
- Mentor Kaizen Leaders and Green Belts in completing DMAIC projects
- Instruct Lean Six Sigma training classes as needed
- Conduct special data analysis projects as requested by management
- Identify opportunities for Lean Six Sigma projects and conduct analysis to scope projects
- Coach operations managers to establish performance measurement systems and goals aligned with organizational objectives
- Establish Statistical Process Control charts where applicable and train process owners in their proper use
- Communicate frequently with Master Black Belt and Deployment Leader regarding project status, issues and accomplishments
- Facilitate project replication, sharing of best practices and documentation of standard operating procedures
- Document tool usage and standard operating procedures
- Bachelors in related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years experience in related field, preferred
- Kaizen Leader Certified, preferred.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues