Catholic Charities Diocese of Joliet
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Catholic Charities Diocese of Joliet
Good Shepherd Center - Bolingbrook
Early Childhood Services Division
- Must be at least sixteen (18) years of age and have strong desire to work with children.
- At least successful completion of either “Introduction to Child Care” or “Child Development” completed within twelve (12) months of employment;
- At least successful completion of three (3) college/university credits in either Child Development or Early Childhood Education.
- Must be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the guidelines of the Department of Health and Human Services, Head Start Education Performance Standards, and State of Illinois Day Care Licensing Standards.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. without restriction.
- Must have patience, creativity, and ability to nurture children.
Under the supervision of the Teacher, the Classroom Intern is responsible for helping the Teacher adhere to the guidelines of the Department of Health and Human Services, Head Start Education Performance Standards, and for helping assure the quality of developmental experience received by the children. The Classroom Intern will be responsible for meeting the State of Illinois Day Care Licensing Standards. The Intern will inform the classroom Teacher and Site Supervisor of all Teacher Training duties and obligations required for the completion of the internship.