Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Associate, Office of the CFO Services
at CBIZ, inc
Career Site Location:
Scheduled Hours Per Week:
About CBIZ CMF
CBIZ CMF is a division of CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) with a service line focused on mergers, acquisitions, and transitions for private equity-backed firms across North America. Our professionals are dynamic, operations-oriented financial executives who are accustomed to the issues, ambiguity, and interpersonal dynamics of businesses going through transitions and transactions. Culturally, the division is an entrepreneurial, service-oriented, and team-centric, meritocracy. We are looking for “A” players to round out our team.
CBIZ CMF is fortunate to have additional scale and competencies through our parent company CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) and their over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 employees in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities in the U.S. In partnership with our parent company, additionally, we are able to offer a comprehensive set of services including: Tax, Audit, Valuation, Risk & Advisory, Corporate Recovery, Benefits, Property & Casualty and other insurance related services.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
About the Role
The Senior Associate will be a full-time permanent consultant supporting the Office of the CFO services. The Senior Associate will perform a variety of core accounting and finance related activities to support our clients, primarily middle-market private equity backed portfolio companies. Within the Office of the CFO services, the Senior Associate will serve as a resource and trusted advisor to our clients, providing guidance on a wide array of business, finance and accounting related matters faced by middle-market companies throughout the investment lifecycle. We are seeking an individual with a strong foundation in finance and accounting, looking to partner with our clients to achieve profitable growth.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Liaise with company management and external providers to gather facts and assist in the development of the engagement project plan
- Assist clients with professionalizing their accounting and finance departmental activities, often following an acquisition. Responsibilities include developing, leading and executing a monthly close process including preparing account reconciliations
- Understand significant finance and accounting related processes at a client and identify opportunities to improve efficiency and/or accuracy
- Review transaction documents and summarize key information impacting post-acquisition activities including debt agreement requirements, compliance related deadlines, flow of funds for purchase accounting, etc.
- Excellent foundational consulting skills including a demonstrated ability to communicate confidently and effectively using a variety of styles, strong analytical skills, a professional presence and solid presentation skills
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and exposure to controllership activities including transactional accounting, monthly close, financial statement preparation and board level reporting
- Strong attention to detail and capability of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Experience in Big 4 Public Accounting preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- 3 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred
- CPA candidates preferred
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs (80-100% of the time)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free) or send an email to email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.