CNA Financial Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Actuarial Consulting Director - Pricing
at CNA Financial Corporation
Job Reference #: ACT0000IR
Senior-level analytical expert consults on complex actuarial issues across Commercial Liability products. Participates in identification, development and implementation of pricing tools and guidance, and influences the pricing strategy for the Commercial liability product lines. Provides leadership and directs the activities of an actuarial team
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with senior management in the development and implementation of pricing strategy for Commercial Liability.
- Directs business-specific actuarial projects, ensuring adherence to strategic goals, and consistent application of corporate policies and procedures.
- Coaches individuals on technical skills in R, Excel, Alteryx, Tableau and other business related software to ensure we are using the right tool for the right job.
- Provides analytical oversight and drives innovation in pricing strategy and techniques by leveraging industry knowledge, sound actuarial methodology and diverse data sources.
- Reports business progress to senior management, and makes recommendations as required.
- Collaborates with internal business partners to ensure optimal implementation of business strategies; facilitates communication and provides technical guidance to Underwriting regarding the pricing of new and existing business and works with others (e.g., Claims, Finance) on actuarial issues.
- Participates with senior leadership in the development and implementation of actuarial policies, business strategies and goals, regularly evaluating performance against goals, and holding self and team accountable for achieving desired results
- Stays up to date in functional area of expertise, on industry trends and developments, and assures knowledge transfer within the organization..
May perform additional duties as assigned.
AVP or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Senior level knowledge of actuarial principles, practices and procedures and industry issues as they relate to the organization and functional area.
- Strong technical skills with proficiency in R or other programming languages
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent project management and team facilitation skills.
- Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
- Ability to exercise professional judgement and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people and quality of service.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems, including processing systems and applications.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree; Masters preferred, in a relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Typically a minimum of ten years of related work experience.
- Typically has attained their Fellowship accreditation (FCAS).