Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Analysis Consulting Director
at CNA Surety
Asa senior level technical expert leads financial analyses and studies,identifies and provides recommendations on matters of potentially significantfinancial impact to the company. Maylead large projects and develops budgets and other projective guidelines andmeasures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties inaccordance with departmental guidelines:
1. Directs large projects, which may include leading workteams. Special projects may include butare not limited to process redesign, system integrations with the generalledger, and management reporting packages.
2. Responsible for the analysis and reporting of loss,loss adjustment expense and premium reserves including GAAP and Statutorydeliverables.
3. Leads preparation of metrics and reports to facilitatemanagement review of reserves, development and impacts to the combined ratio.
4. Oversees the efficient operation and cost-effectivenessof operating systems and programs.
5. Stays up to date on trends and developments withinfunctional area of expertise and the insurance industry.
May perform additional duties asassigned.
Typically AVP or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Senior level knowledge ofaccounting/finance and industry issues as they relate to the organization.
2. Senior level knowledge of GAAP and statutory accounting procedures.
3. Ability to effectively lead and coach project teams.
4. Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view of businessgoals and objectives.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
6. Ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with customers,peers, subordinates and other members of management.
7. Ability to develop tactical strategies which support organizational visionand goals.
Education & Experience
1. Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics,Business or related field, or equivalent. CPA, CFA, and/or professional/insurance designation preferred.
2. Typically a minimum of 9 to 12 years of related experience with priorproject management experience preferred.