Columbia College chicago
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business System Analyst
at Columbia College chicago
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment, theBusiness System Analyst is part of the enrollment systems team that supportsAdmissions and the College in the development and maintenance of the AdmissionsCRM System (Slate) and business processes. This position will provide technicalsupport to CRM users to ensure that the application meets their needs and keepspace with changes in operations, policies and procedures. The role isresponsible for creating, testing, automating processes and executing technicalfunctionality with the CRM. The Analyst will work closely with the offices ofthe Registrar, Student Financial Services, Housing and academic departments toaid the continuous integration of the recruitment, admissions, financial aidand enrollment functions into the system.
- Develop andmaintain CRM functionality and organization. Perform software maintenance,enhancements, configurations, and integrations with various systems, necessaryto ensure reliable business workflow in the CRM environment. Test systemchanges and developments.
- Provide dailytechnical support for CRM users, including administration of user accounts andsecurity. Troubleshoot issues, provide recommendations and implement solutions.Log identified system problems and track through resolution.
- Providesystem delivered and custom reports, including such involving custom SQL, toCRM users.
- Extract datafrom the CRM system to support marketing campaigns and assists with creationand deployment of communication campaigns within Slate (email and print).
- Provide userdocumentation and train new and existing users, including Admissions Officers,on how to use the system and on new/updated features and processes.
- Effectivelycommunicate system updates and changes to users and stakeholders.
- Create andmaintain documentation on processes, policies, application configuration andhelp/train related materials for users as database applications are developed.Continually refine user experience and ensure processes and integrations areefficient.
- Identify waysto effectively streamline and centralize recruitment efforts across campus.
- Collectfeedback on process performance, monitor, and measure the effectiveness ofprocesses to ensure consistent value delivery.
- Identify andrecommend improvements in business practices and procedures to maximizeefficiency.
- Keep abreastof new system features and functionality and provide recommendations forprocess improvements.
- Act as aliaison between Enrollment Management and various offices across campus.
- Facilitatemeetings and follow up with action items.
- Performannual system updates on admission applications and review processes.
- Perform otherrelated duties as assigned.
- Bachelor'sDegree in computer science, information technology, web technology, or arelated field preferred or equivalent technical experience in business processand systems development.
- Three to fiveyears of experience analyzing business data (user requirements, procedures,workflows, etc.) to implement and improve computer systems, preferably inHigher Education-Admissions.
- Slate CRM experience- configuring, testing, documenting and supporting the CRM - preferred.
- Intermediateexperience with data structures and data management competencies.
- Knowledge inthe following areas is required: SQL, systems/technology integration,spreadsheets, database applications, programming/scripting, html, xml, andother web technologies.
- Analyticaland solution driven.
- Excellentattention to detail.
- Able torecognize the potential consequences or implications of ideas and decisions.
- Self-motivedand able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able torespond to issues and complete projects within the expected timeframe in aconstantly changing and busy environment.
- Excellentcommunication and interpersonal, including technical writing, skills.
- Ability toeffectively partner with campus offices in a team environment.
- Provenability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologiesquickly.
- Customerservice oriented.
- Understandingof Higher Education processes, specifically Enrollment Management andAdmissions.
- Able tocreate graphic illustrations to capture interrelationships and connections.
Thisjob description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing ofactivities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee and is subjectto change based on the needs of the department and/or college.
AtColumbia, we offer a rewarding work environment for our faculty and staff. Wetake pride in offering competitive benefits with affordable health, dental andvision coverage; flexible spending accounts; commuter benefit program, life andaccidental, death & dismemberment coverage; paid and unpaid leave options;work/life benefits; educational assistance programs; and retirement andfinancial planning benefits.
Weinvite you to join our talented faculty and staff and become part of ourcollective aspiration to ensure Columbia prepares students for success in theircreative fields through innovation, engagement and real-world experiences.
To ensure consideration, pleaseinclude a cover letter, salary requirements, and three professionalreferences in your submission.
Positionsubject to a background screening.
Thisis a union position.
Thisposition is overtime eligible.
Qualifiedcandidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Columbia College Chicago is anequal opportunity employer and complies with all local, state, and federal lawsand regulations concerning civil rights. The college does not discriminate onthe basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, geneticinformation, or other protected classes under the law.