Columbia College chicago
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Subject Matter Expert, New Media Curriculum - Columbia Online
at Columbia College chicago
Columbia College Chicago is a private, four-yearcollege offering a distinctive curriculum that blends liberal arts, creativeand media arts, and business. We take students who experience the world througha creative lens and help them develop the analytical, business, andcommunication skills to shape their own career path.
Columbia College Chicago Online is actively seeking Subject Matter Experts to assist in thedevelopment of its fully online newmedia curriculum (e.g., Swift Programming, App Design, Augmented and VirtualReality, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Visualization). The new mediacurriculum is designed for working professionals and other continuing educationstudents looking to expand their skills in rapidly growing high-tech areas. TheSME works in conjunction with an instructional designer (ID) to develop programand/or course learning outcomes, content, assignments, and assessments forcourses, and consult on revisions and improvements. Our Build-Measure-Learnphilosophy is focused on building a great product and user experience in anenvironment of continuous improvement.
Working collaboratively with the Department ofInteractive Arts and Media and under the guidance of the Director of Online CurriculumDevelopment and innovation for Columbia College Chicago Online, subject matterexperts are active and innovative practitioners within new media industries whoare paired with a dedicated instructional designer to build engaging andmeaningful learning experiences. Their experience, knowledge, and professionalhistory makes the online course unique to the author and the institution.
- Discuss industryand discipline relevant knowledge with an instructional designer to develop coursecontent.
- Author originalmodule content with the guidance of an instructional designer.
- Supplyinstructional support materials, reference items, and supplemental resources.
- Author additionalcontent with the assistance of the Senior Multimedia Producer for multimediaelements (e.g., video and images) needed for the course.
- Meet allagreed-upon deadlines for course deliverables.
- Dedicate 8 to 10hours a week towards course development.
- Attend weekly meetingswith an instructional designer to refine course content, discuss revisions, andmake improvements.
- Provide a finalreview of the course to ensure that it meets expected academic rigor, moduleobjectives and course objectives are met, and best represents the SME's area ofexpertise.
- Add richness tothe content by offering first-hand field knowledge (anecdotal stories, casestudies, best practices, tips and/or “tricks-of-the-trade”) that can be sharedwith adult learners to improve knowledge exchange and transfer.
- Work with Director of Marketing and Enrollmentto generate necessary documents and assets for course promotion.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate fieldwith a minimum of 3 years of distinguished professional work, compellingcreative achievements, or other significant experience in the relevantfield; Master's degree preferred.
- Effectivecommunication and collaboration skills, particularly in working from adistance.
- Ability to workremotely.
- Ability to meetpre-determined timelines.
Weinvite you to join our talented faculty and staff and become part of ourcollective aspiration to ensure Columbia prepares students for success in theircreative fields through innovation, engagement and real-world experiences.
Toensure consideration, please include a cover letter, salaryrequirements, and three professional references in your submission.
Positionsubject to a background screening.
Thisis a non-union position.
Qualifiedcandidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
ColumbiaCollege Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all local,state, and federal laws and regulations concerning civil rights. The collegedoes not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability,protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes underthe law.