Cook County Health & Hospitals System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ATTENDING PHYSICIAN 12 - GASTROENTEROLOGY
at Cook County Health & Hospitals System
LOCATION: John H. Stroger Hospital
Applicants may apply for this positiononline or submit a resume/ CV to the following email address: MDRecruit@cookcountyhhs.org
When submitting a resume/CV by email, you must include thejob title and posting number in the subject line of your email. An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interestsyou.
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers mustbe attached to the online application or must be included withyour emailed resume/CV. Please refer to Veteran Preference document requirementslisted on the bottom of this posting.
The Attending Physician XIIin the Department of Gastroenterology (GI) is responsible for patient careespecially in relation to GI and Liver Disorders. Performs and supervises GIprocedures. Participates in the education of Residents and Fellows.
- · Must possess a current Doctor of Medicine(MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy Medicine (DO) from an accredited college oruniversity
- · Must be licensed as a physician in goodstanding in the State of Illinois or have the ability to obtain licensure priorto the start of employment
- · Must have successfully completed anAccreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) inGastroenterology
- Must have successfully completed an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) in Internal Medicine
- · Must have experience in the practice ofGastroenterology procedures, Liver Biopsy and Motility Studies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
· Working knowledge and experience withall aspects of Gastroenterology and Liver Disorders
· Skill to communicate effectively inorder to exchange and/or provide information and/or direction to staff and/ordirection to staff and others
· Must have the ability to providesupervision and leadership to fellows and residents, attendings, nursing andother support staff within the division.
· Ability to maintain a professionaldemeanor and composure when challenged
· Ability to follow hospital protocolwhen exposed to noise, chemicals, disease, blood borne pathogens, patientviolence and procedural injuries
· Medical, Dental, andVision Coverage
· Basic Term LifeInsurance
· DeferredCompensation Program
· Paid Holidays, Vacation,and Sick Time
· You also may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program(PSLF)
For further informationon our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
Whenapplying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System,preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in theArmed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuousservice
To takeadvantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identifyself as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to thequestion by answering yes to the question, “Are you a Military Veteran?”
- Attacha copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22(Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the onewith the latest date. Coast Guard mustsubmit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Departmentof Transportation (Before 9/11) or theDepartment of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an HonorableDischarge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holderof the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time offiling.
If items are notattached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDEORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'SLICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSAT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
*Degrees awarded outsideof the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the UnitedStates' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U. S.credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association ofCredential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of InternationalCredential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents bust bepresented at time of interview.
Mustsuccessfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook CountyHealth and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and anyother license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two(2) weeks prior to the candidate's start date
*Please note all offers ofEmployment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactoryprofessional & employment references, healthcare and criminal backgroundchecks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of aphysical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS isstrictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing oraffecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because ofany political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTHAND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER