Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Management Director
at Curtiss-Wright Controls
The Opportunity | Program Management Director
This opportunity will involve directing the development and implementation process of the company's products and services. The successful candidate will be required to coordinate departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products. This function is responsible for monitoring the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending. It will require the organization of cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints. The Program Management Director will also responsible for acquiring follow-on business associated with assigned projects and for supporting new business development by leading major proposals.
- Define, launch, and drive mission-critical strategic and operational initiatives in core projects.
- Resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Create a method of change management including ownership of a documentation library, communication plans, process training, etc.
- Responsible to General Manager for ensuring that all cost, schedule, performance and delivery requirements of all strategic projects and programs are satisfied.
- Ensure that a positive, cooperative and professional business relationships are maintained with customers.
- Responsible for complex program management tasks and development of standards and processes for scheduling, administration, and accounting.
- Define, acquire, and allocate budget, staff, and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals and/or objectives of the program group/function.
- Exercise broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing many routine and complex projects/programs.
- Drive standard program management processes across multiple teams, located in multiple facilities across the globe.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering, MBA preferred
- PMP certification or related PMI training a plus
- Over 12 years' experience of Program Management experience
- Experience in the commercial vehicle/on/off-highway industry is desired.
- Experience with product APQP process is desired.
- Track record of successfully managing a portfolio of programs/projects that were delivered on time, achieved budget targets, and successfully fulfilled well-defined scopes.
- Accepts accountability for the need to consistently launch product development projects/programs on time.
- Experience with design and manufacturing of high-reliable mechanical and electrical assemblies is highly preferred
- Ability to demonstrate clear, strategic thinking with a willingness to take a more hands-on, operational approach were appropriate
- Proven track record of managing in a multi-site, global design and manufacturing organization
- Strong collaboration and partnership skill with experience with groups with the ability to listen, solve complex problems, and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to develop talent -- both individuals and teams
- Experience with meeting and effectively collaborating with customer executive-level leadership
- Strong oral and written communication skills with knowledge of MS Office
- Strong negotiation capabilities
- Experience with transaction structuring (including international transactions)
- Extensive experience with strategic planning
- Energetic, open and direct manner. Must have the stature and confidence to make key decisions
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
The Curtiss-Wright Corporation is an American-based, global diversified product manufacturer and service provider for the commercial, industrial, defense, and energy markets. Created in 1929 from the consolidation of Curtiss, Wright, and various supplier companies, by the end of World War II it was the largest aircraft manufacturer in the United States, supplying whole aircraft in large numbers to the U.S. Armed Forces. It has since evolved away from final assembly of finished aircraft, becoming a component manufacturer specializing in actuators, aircraft controls, valves, and surface treatment services. It also is a supplier to commercial nuclear power, nuclear navy systems, industrial vehicles and to the oil and gas industries.
Arens Controls, a business unit of Curtiss-Wright products comprise state-of-the-art drivetrain components, such as 'by-wire' and mechanical transmission shifters, as well as electronic control systems for the Hybrid Electronic Vehicle (HEV) market. The products are the legacy of the Arens Controls company founded in 1939 and acquired by Curtiss-Wright in 2013.