Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Manager - Advisory
Are you a driven business or IT professional able to build strong relationships and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization? Are you resourceful and able to apply critical thinking skills to solve problems with a customer-centric mindset? We're looking for a sharp analytical thinker with an affinity for strategic financial planning & portfolio management to join the Global Business Services team as an Account Manager responsible for oversight of delivery and operations of business technology services for our global customers.
Work you'll do:
In this interesting and dynamic role, you'll use your problem solving skills to translate business demands into a financial and operational portfolio. You'll work closely with senior leaders, internal clients and cross-functional teams to define, manage and provide tailored insight regarding the account financials, project priorities and service portfolio performance.
You will be expected to:
- Develop points of view and make recommendations for strategic and operational improvements to leadership by aggregating and analyzing account-related data and processes
- Collaborate with customers and cross-functional teams in the definition, prioritization, and management of IT requests and operational demands
- Oversee the entire service portfolio for an account, representing a holistic view of all future and running service-related information (account services structure, change pipeline, ongoing project metrics, etc.)
- Work closely with the Customer Relationship Leader to develop strong relationships with business stakeholders by providing meaningful technology, financial, and operational insights
- Partner with Customer Relationship Leaders, Service Owners and Service Delivery Managers, and the Global Services Standards & Catalog team to align the service portfolio with Deloitte Global initiatives and standards
- Team with Strategic Finance in evaluating portfolio financials to identify new opportunities or risks, facilitate the budget and cost recovery process for the account's investment and operational expenditures
- Advance the account strategic priorities by monitoring operational metrics to get a constant, updated and clear vision of delivery capacity (delivery of services, products, projects and programs for the account) and resource allocation
- Think “big picture”, applying business acumen and a customer-centric mindset as you work with Customer Relationship Leader in the definition and management of the account roadmap
- Actively participate in and influence community of practice(s) and leverage network to: 1) define and continually improve account management process, deliverables and templates; 2) stay current on IT portfolio and budget best practices; 3) identify opportunities to promote or leverage innovative solutions to address account needs
What you'll be part of—our Deloitte Global culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization.
We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global technology strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Who you'll work with:
In Global Business Services, we make an impact by leading our partners through their entire technology journey – from ideation through value realization. Our contributions lead directly to the deployment of global technology platforms and services that support, and are leveraged by, our more than 280,000 partners, practitioners and staff throughout the world.
As an Account Manager, you will report directly to a Customer Relationship Leader (Managing Director) in the Global Business Services group of Global Technology Services (GTS).
How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do — that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
To be considered for this role, there are certain qualifications you'll have to have. And others that would be really, really nice.
- Minimum 6 years of experience with at least 2 years of experience in portfolio or account management
- Strong knowledge of IT budgeting and cost center management with ability to translate financial language into business impact (risks and opportunities)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, budget reporting and analysis, program and project management
- Demonstrated track record of working within complex organizations requiring strong influence management skills - ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment
- Proven ability to track project metrics and service KPIs and turn that data into relevant information to influence decision making
- Up to 20% travel required
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, or related field
- Master's degree is a plus
- Prior experience in “Big 4” is a plus