Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Director, SalesForce Platform Management/Architecture
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) Global supports our network of national member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
The SalesForce Platform Management/Architecture Engagement Leader will be responsible for management of Salesforce platforms, overseeing architectural design, and providing architectural guidance for solution delivery projects. This role will report to the SalesForce COE Service Delivery Leader and provides technical leadership and direction on technology decisions with the various delivery teams. This includes directing, evaluating and monitoring the progress of product development and facilitating discussions with various departments around business objectives, functionality, architecture, and product deployment.
Work you'll do:
As part of the Global Digital Application Studios team, this professional:
Platform Mgmt. Responsibilities
- Provide technical and architectural leadership for SalesForce applications (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Einstein Analytics, Force.com) and service delivery including platforms, middleware, 3rd party services, and databases
- Develop Salesforce Org strategy to manage existing orgs across member firms
- Define and manage production end-to-end services, functional capabilities and business outcomes delivered on the Salesforce platform
- Define metrics and regular reports and dashboard measuring service performance
- Enforces security controls, maintains the system roles and authorization processes
- Partner with security and risk teams in implementing process changes to ensure compliance with privacy policies, security audits and certifications
- Research changes in upcoming versions of Salesforce in order to provide recommendations that enhance productivity
- Identify and recommend third-party products/applications and determine when it is appropriate to enhance our Salesforce experience
- Define technical evaluation criteria for product and technology selection and determining technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions result in a coherent systems design
- Integrate the business strategy and knowledge of software capabilities (current and future) into the direction for all products
- Support documentation of application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices.
- Lead technical design sessions with the development teams, including the creation of class models, sequence diagrams, component models, etc., and detailed design specifications for ensuring that architecture standards are followed.
- Oversee research and development, prototyping, and vendor evaluations
- Improve the Salesforce platform using industry best practices
- Guide technology/solution decisions with architecture and product teams for projects
- Collaborate with architecture and development teams to perform code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architecture/design
People Management Responsibilities
- Manage the recruitment and selection of a talented team
- Manage and report staffing, resource allocation, goal setting and measurements
- Effectively cultivate a culture of teamwork and innovation among the staff
- Manage project/resource estimation activities
Knowledge Sharing/Documentation Responsibilities
- Active involvement in GTS cross-functional initiatives
- Lead efforts to continually improve process for Member Firms
Support Member Firms and Global Communities in product usage and business process education
What you'll be part of—our Deloitte Global culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Expectations from the Professional
Our purpose is to make an impact that matters and our aspiration is to be the undisputed leader in professional services. At the root of these goals are our Shared Values, which describe the distinctive Deloitte culture. Our Values are timeless, all-encompassing and embrace the cultures in which Deloitte member firms operate. We expect all professionals to live our purpose and shared values and be the brand ambassadors holding Deloitte Global and member firms together.
At Deloitte, everything we do starts with integrity. In our marketplace, nothing is more important than our reputation and, accordingly, we commit to conducting business with honesty, distinctive quality, and high levels of professional behavior.
Outstanding value to markets and clients
We play a critical role in helping both the capital markets and our member firm clients operate more effectively. We consider this role a privilege, and we know it requires constant vigilance and unrelenting commitment.
Commitment to each other
We are proud of our culture of borderless collegiality and work hard to support our people. We strive to create an inclusive environment that reflects our strong, clear expectations about diversity, respect, and fair treatment.
Strength from cultural diversity
Our member firm clients' business challenges are complex and benefit from the innovation and varied perspectives that our practitioners bring. We understand that working with people of different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles helps our people grow into better professionals and leaders.
How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do — that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
To be considered for this role, there are certain qualifications you'll have to have. And others that would be really, really nice.
- Bachelor's degree: degree in computer science, management information systems or related field
- Master's degree preferred
- 10 years of experience in technical project execution/leadership and/or technology consulting on large enterprise implementations (Salesforce experience preferred)
- 7 years holding a management and leadership role
- 3 years CRM experience a plus
- Prior experiences in same-level companies preferred, e.g. “Big 4”
- Proven track record and experience of the following in a highly complex and global organization:
- ensuring consistency of provided services to meet customer and business requirements
- maintaining integrity, accountability, transparency and quality in governance, performance and reporting activities
- demonstrating proficiency in IT areas of analytical thinking and innovation and a successful track record in strategy development and execution.
- Salesforce certification(s) a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate strategic information, policies and standards as well as risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences at all levels
- Strong leadership, organizational, negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- Deliver informative, concise, well-organized presentations.
- Strong understanding of the latest technology, market and industry trends
- Ability to lead large diverse teams from various countries and cultures to define and execute IT projects and plans
- Ability to build team relationships across the organization and collaborate with business leaders
- Experience interacting, presenting and working with C-level executives (CIO, CTO etc.)
- Ability to manage a complex and collaborative vendor environment
- Ability to manage a global team in a matrix environment
- Strong knowledge of the Salesforce platform
- Experience with SDLC methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, RUP, other).
- Experience with two or more of the following Salesforce cloud applications: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Einstein Analytics, Platform, or Success Cloud
- Minimal travel (10%)