Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Insurance Senior Consultant (Guidewire/DuckCreek)
Financial Services Practice - Insurance
As leaders in providing professional services to the insurance industry, Deloitte works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by globalization, advances in technology, regulatory changes, competition and the changing demands of their customers.
Our national cross-functional industry group is comprised of more than 2,050 professionals, providing a spectrum of assurance and advisory, enterprise risk, tax, actuarial, regulatory and consulting services to a broad range of insurance companies. Our clients range in size from global to middle market insurers and include life insurers, property and casualty insurers, reinsurers and brokers.
- 4 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- A minimum of 2 full life cycle implementations
- Large Scale System Delivery Experience preferably for Policy Administration and/or Claims Systems
- Experience estimating and planning Large Scale System Implementations
- Experience with Guidewire, Duck Creek, Majesco or similar package required.
- At least 2 years of experience in managing at least one large Business Integration effort and project team through all phases of the project lifecycle from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing,
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in custom software development projects
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will have the following preferred background:
- Guidewire Integration or Configuration certification
- Experience with Camilion preferred but not required.
- Hands on technical expertise specifically related to Integration to complex legacy mainframe applications
- Experience delivering via an Agile/Scrum methodology
- A strong Java, Gosu, EJB, BPEL, UNIX background
- Experience with Business Process Modeling (BPM) tools, Business rules integration
- Experience with Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) technology like BEA, Sonic, IBM, Oracle
- Strong knowledge and comprehension of standards, specifications, standards bodies (e.g., XML, UDDI, JMS, Web services, etc.)
- Experience with open source technologies such as Apache ServiceMix, FuseESB, Camel and Mule
- Strong software development methodology understanding, and have assisted in the design, development or testing of a technology integration project
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization
- Strong analytical and technical skills