Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Life Actuary Manager
Life Actuary Consulting Manager
Deloitte Consulting's Human Capital practice is a leading global advisor and implementation partner working with companies, governments, and organizations around the world. Our goal is to improve our clients' organizational results and impact by focusing on challenges at the intersection of business and people.
Work you'll do
As a Deloitte Consulting Life Actuary Manager in the Insurance practice of Deloitte's Human Capital group, you will provide technical and analytical support in a consulting environment. The job functions include the following:
- Primarily responsible for producing and managing technically oriented work across a number of practice areas, including statutory and GAAP reporting, mergers and acquisitions, embedded value, and financial projections.
- Will also be involved in market and technical research, data resource and tool development, recruiting, training, and strategic planning.
- Be a team player who works well both with internal and client personnel and is expected to continue progress towards the FSA designation and stay in compliance with the Actuarial Study Program.
- May lead medium to large sized teams
The Organization Transformation practice is about transforming the organization (and the benefits providers that serve them) to support its business strategy. This involves helping our clients move from where they are today to where they need to be in the future. It could include changing the organization's culture, modernizing specific functions, re-designing the organization structure, and will require a combination of change management actions to execute the transformation. To enable our success, it will be critical to use data and insights to inform better ways of working together.
- Bachelor's degree
- 6 years of Life Actuary experience
- Successfully passed 5 actuarial exams
- General knowledge of life and annuity products
- Willingness to travel at least 50%
- Experience working in an insurance company or consulting environment
- Experience leading medium to large sized teams
- Proficiency using computer software such as Excel, Word, and Access
- Familiarity with life insurance reserve calculation requirements and mechanics
- Experience with actuarial projection system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player who enjoys working with multiple teams
- Enthusiasm for serving clients and helping to further develop our consulting practice
- Ability to travel up to 80%
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.