Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Senior in Chicago, IL.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Economics, Finance, Law, Accounting, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of experience advising U.S. and multinational companies on the indirect tax implications of their international operations with respect to value-added tax (VAT) and goods and services tax (GST).
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Researching changes to global VAT law and VAT case law through the use of various resources, including IBFD (International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation), OECD, and CURIA;
- Assisting with the filing of VAT/GST registrations, VAT/GST returns, refund claims for EU and non-EU entities and other required filings (including VAT/GST deferments and other VAT/GST simplifications);
- Researching, analyzing, and advising clients on global indirect tax issues, including cross-border VAT/GST in the EU, taxation implications of international trade, ERP implementation, supply chain planning, and VAT/GST on electronic services;
- Performing review of input regarding VAT/GST treatment of supplies across the globe;
- Preparing client deliverables, including advice, memorandums, matrixes, presentations, and spreadsheets;
- Utilizing the IBFD Tax Research Platform, EUR-Lex portal, and Indirect Tax Atlas ESS portal to research and analyze VAT/GST treatment;
- Identifying risk areas and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes through the tax lifecycle; and
- Advising clients on their VAT/GST obligations and potential VAT/GST liabilities in connection with the supply of digital services into various countries.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.