Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tax Technology Implementations – Manager
Job Reference #: E19ANYTMGRJB006-TMC
Tax technology. A year-round, global need.
Tax technology. A year-round, global need.
Are you a leader with a passion for tax and technology? Want to help pioneer new technology-enabled methods and processes for some of the largest corporate entities on the planet? Our team works on the cutting-edge building and delivering the next generation of tax applications and services to clients. We're looking for the very best individuals who thrive on what's possible.
What you'll do
As a Manager in our Tax Management Consulting (TMC) – Tax Strategy & Operate group, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of projects as well as technology consultation in the delivery of process automation and technology projects to Tax clients. Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing large technology projects involving multiple team members from TMC, other areas within Deloitte Tax, and the client.
- Implementing tax technology tools.
- Assisting clients with their evaluation of their current processes and data flow surrounding tax technology tools and helping them implement improvements.
- Training clients on how to use the tax technology tools implemented, and supporting clients with their use of tax technology tools.
- Supervising assignments carried out by Consultants and Senior Consultants; helping develop and motivate engagement staff; and providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance.
- Identifying and effectively communicating project status and tax technical/service issues to the senior management team, including Partners, Principals, Directors and Senior Managers.
- Responsibility for stakeholder management, requirement elicitation, preparing estimations for business analysis tasks and deliverables, preparing functional specifications using user stories, acceptance criteria and use case narration, creating UI mockups and prototypes using prototyping tools.
- Responsibility for ensuring unique business needs are properly translated to functional specification.
- Participate in client-facing requirements gathering sessions with business unit and end-user; document end-user requirements for data capture, program functions, data quality, reports and analysis, and training.
- Act as functional expert on tax technology applications including intimately understanding the functionality in the system, how to translate business requirements into system changes, and the impact of changes to previously implemented releases.
- Work with cross-functional teams to devise and drive out business approaches.
- Process mapping and workflow creation.
- Assist in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Assist with User Acceptance Testing.
Deloitte's TMC group helps our clients' tax departments improve their operations by developing new technology-enabled, cutting-edge methods and processes. Deloitte TMC professionals are aligned across our global network of member firms to address our clients' objectives in a seamless fashion. Deloitte TMC teams include industry, tax, organizational change, technology, and co-sourcing specialists who help connect our clients' global strategies and the options that exist to turn theory into an executable plan. Learn more about Deloitte Tax Management Consulting.
The Tax Strategy & Operate sets the standard for tax software implementation, data management, analytics and machine learning as well as vendor integrations and custom tax solutions. Our professionals provide an unbiased approach to software development and implementations, and execute tax application delivery using leading practices. Our team of tax professionals has knowledge of various software products including SharePoint, Tableau, QlikView, UiPath, Python, Machine Learning, Corptax, Hyperion Tax Provision, Longview Tax, ONESOURCE, and Vertex, providing services which include:
- Assisting in the development of tax applications
- Implementing tax systems and software
- Integrating cross-vendor provision, compliance, and planning systems
- Optimizing tax systems to utilize recent software enhancements
- Configuring/customizing tax systems to supplement out-of-the-box functionality
- Assessing and improving processes and data flow related to the items above
- 5 years' experience in tax with a proven track record delivering technology projects
- Big 4, tax software firm, equivalent experience
- Management experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, information systems or a related area
- Strong interpersonal skills and executive presence
- Ability to participate in all aspects of engagement strategic planning initiatives
- Strong research, and written and verbal communication, skills
- Available to travel up to 70 - 80%
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other professional certification
- Advanced Degree such as MST, MAC, or LLM
- Experience with tax and/or collaboration software such as Corptax, Hyperion Tax Provision, Longview Tax, ONESOURCE Tax Provision, PowerTax, SharePoint, ONESOURCE Workflow Manager and/or Vertex
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.