DeVry Education Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technology Product Manager
at DeVry Education Group
- Job ID
- Adtalem Global Education
- Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Regular Full-Time
- FLSA Status
- U.S. - Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
As the Technology Product Manager for Enterprise Applications, you are responsible for successfully managing, advancing and delivering technology solutions and services to meet the business objectives of Adtalem Global Education institutions. You accomplish this by leading project teams and collaborating with business partners and IT groups. You help them understand strategic academic curriculum initiatives using technology applications in a virtual environment and develop technical solutions to meet those needs. You are the technology point person on the project team and personally contribute to the technical deliverables throughout the project.
As the Technology Product Manager, you will:
- Solve technology requirements by understanding business objectives, conducting research and providing guidance, options and proof of concepts (as appropriate).
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for assigned solutions.
- Act as IT delivery leader and ensure that all technology deliverables required by business partners reach successful completion on the required schedule.
- Collaborate with partners to develop business requirements leading to successful project outcomes.
- Provide the day-to-day team leadership, constantly focusing on how to keep the teams productive and moving forward along the schedule needed to deliver academic technology solutions and services.
- Work with institutional and business leaders to maintain the prioritization of features in technology roadmap(s) for assigned solutions.
- Act as an IT owner of assigned technology solutions and services.
- Provide IT support and information for R&D pilot efforts and drive operational implementation of solutions resulting from successful pilots.
- Drive adoption of best-in-class shared technologies across modalities, institutions, and programs.
- Manage and execute communication activities with business partners regarding assigned solutions including – but not limited to – roadmaps, new features, and platform incidents (as appropriate) including user impacts and resolution plans.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies / products related to assigned solutions.
- Develop strategies and roadmaps for assigned solutions based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations.
- Determine and track appropriate metrics to facilitate ongoing governance and continuous improvement of assigned solutions.
- Perform competitive benchmarking in areas of assigned technologies.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Successful applicants for this role will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field – OR – equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a software development environment demonstrating highly competent abilities in standard software development life cycle management as well as project management techniques and methodologies.
- Experience with system management processes, business requirements, solution design and configuration, and user acceptance testing.
- Ability to use industry software design tools and software development tools to produce project artifacts in support of solution delivery.
- Prior experience leading teams to deliver successful results.
- Ability to prioritize work and analyze interdependencies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Strong active listening skills and the ability to translate needs, concerns and solutions across functional and stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated creativity balanced with practicality to meet business objectives and team needs.
- Experience with teaching/learning technologies.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Who We Are
The purpose of Adtalem Global Education is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success, and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem Global Education Inc. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a leading global education provider and the parent organization of Adtalem Educacional do Brasil, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Chamberlain University, EduPristine, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. For more information, please visit adtalem.com.