Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Liquid Co-Op - PL
North America State/Province
Type of Job
External Job Description
*This is a talent pool posting, not an actual job opening. Please apply if you'd like to be considered for future opportunities.*
Just Imagine… Joining the world's leading premium drinks business, surprising and delighting our customers & consumers with our brands such as Johnnie Walker, Guinness and Smirnoff
At Diageo we have more than 33,000 bright and collaborative people working to push our business and brands forward. We have a guiding purpose to celebrate life every day, everywhere, which permeates everything we do. We want our people to progress and fulfill their potential while at Diageo through giving them the freedom to do their best work. We also seek to maintain a diverse workforce in which the contributions made by our employees create a stimulating and rewarding working environment.
About this Role
This is a 12 month, full-time, paid co-op in I&BC starting in June 2019. Co-ops are given challenging projects that have an immediate impact on the business. Throughout the year, you will have multiple opportunities for visibility and exposure to senior management, the BTC, and suppliers. All co-ops receive individual coaching and training from their manager and a cross-functional mentor and the same kind of performance feedback given to full-time employees. As a co-op, you have an opportunity to gain the experience and exposure that could lead to an exciting full-time job at Diageo!
- Lead liquid work from concept to commercialization (liquid ideation through to scale-up) for innovations, renovations, and optimizations
- Execute laboratory batching and scale-up trials to support the liquid team during the commercialization process
- Generate new liquid and raw material specifications, managing and inputting data into SAP
- Unrestricted US work authorization now and in the future
- Legal Drinking Age (21 years) by the start of employment
- Minimum current GPA of 3.0
- At least two years of coursework towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Ag/Bio Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or similar, preferably with relevant work experience
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to gather and analyze data
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and drive projects to conclusion
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to communicate with all levels in the organization
- Confidence, adaptability, and resiliency in challenging situations and a fast-paced environment
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
External Job Title
Liquid Co-Op - PL
EEOC Statement (Only for US Users. For other markets, please leave blank)
Diageo is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer and is subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment. Diageo does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, Protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. Diageo also provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws.