Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Analyst - Canback Consulting
Canback Consulting is a high growth management consulting firm leveraging predictive analytics with an expertise in emerging markets, owned by the Economist Group. From our headquarters in Boston, we operate on a global scale with some of the world’s largest companies as clients. As of today, this has taken our consultants on the ground in over 85 countries (and counting), including extensive work in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
What makes us unique compared to traditional large management consulting firms is: a) our scientific approach to problem solving; b) our passion for complex projects that require creative minds; and c) our one-world mindset.
We are hiring Business Analysts (BA) for our consulting group within our Chicago office. BAs work closely with Canback leadership and with client leadership to evaluate business problems, assemble recommendations, and communicate information and ideas clearly throughout projects. The BA is an exciting and challenging role, with the opportunity to work independently and creatively. As we are a small firm, BAs will be exposed to all aspects of our business and will likely travel extensively outside the U.S.
The BA is a client-facing role, working on projects under the direction of a Project Manager. Typical projects last for 2-4 months and fall into one of our five practices:
- M&A due diligence
- Sources of growth
- Organizational performance
- Corporate finance
How you will contribute:
- Data collection, cleaning, and analysis in Excel
- Statical analyses based on our in-house models using Stata
- Integration of qualitative data. Most executives are not used to reviewing statistics alone. We pride ourselves on being managerially relevant in our presentations
- Creation of PowerPoint presentations and participation in regular updates with clients
- Various internal projects including marketing, recruiting, and training
- Assist anaging projects for multi-national firms in emerging markets including M&A due diligence projects
- Travel abroad and within the US to support client engagements
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The ideal skills for this role are:
- A Bachelor's degree with a leaning toward quantitative and/or business-related fields from a leading university
- 1-2 years experience in management consulting or a related field
- Exceptional analytical skills along with a willingness to engage in analytical problem solving
- Demonstrated quantitative prowess and a love for numbers
- A knack for problem solving and an inquisitive mind
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop PowerPoint presentations and utilize Microsoft Excel Advanced features
Interest in foreign countries, cultures, and proficiency in any foreign languages are a plus, as is proficiency with Stata.
To apply please include a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript