Envoy Air Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Envoy Air Inc.
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
The Supervisor, Maintenance is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and controlling maintenance operations for line and overnight maintenance on all aircraft through Crew Chiefs and Mechanics. Ensures qualified personnel are available and assigned to best achieve the desired end product considering airworthiness, aircraft availability and economics. Will ensure activities are accomplished in accordance with Company policies, FAR's, Company and maintenance programs and other governmental regulations. Assists in formulating departmental procedures, ensures all tools and equipment are maintained safely and provides timely and accurate information of aircraft status. Confirms that the proper transfer of work remaining to the control of the following shift or receives control from the preceding shift. Provide support to Crew Chiefs and Mechanics as needed.
In this role, the Supervisor must have strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills. Attention to detail and the ability to troubleshoot effectively.
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a team environment and the ability to prioritize work and projects in order to meet competing deadlines from members of the team. The ability to show initiative and critical thinking skills are necessary. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, report to work regularly and on-time, and be self-motivated.
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum experience of two (2) years in aircraft maintenance
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a supervisory capacity
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Federal Air Regulations (FAR’s)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts including nights, holidays and weekends
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- College degree or equivalent amount of work experience
- Avionics experience
- Experience creating and maintaining departmental budgets
- Working knowledge of labor contracts
Additional Position Details
- Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.
- This position may be subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT). Federal law requires Envoy to determine a candidate’s history with the DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.