F.E. Moran Contracting
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP of Human Capital
at F.E. Moran Contracting
- # of Openings
- Human Resources
For over fifty years, the Moran Group of companies has focused on life safety and life comfort across the nation. Headquartered in Northbrook, IL, the Moran Group provides a full spectrum of mechanical services for the commercial, industrial, and residential markets: HVAC installation and maintenance, fire protection, and plumbing.
The Moran Group prides itself on nurturing its employees to promote career development and retention. At the Moran Group, employees are considered partners and are valued for their part in the company’s growth.
Located in our Northbrook facility, the VP of Human Capital is responsible for developing and executing a human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation. The VP provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team, shareholders and the board of directors. This position is directly responsible for leading managers of the division and indirectly responsible for all employees within the division.
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the firm's mission and strategic vision.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or specialty group regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Work with the firm's executive management to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the firm.
- Develop comprehensive strategic plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
- Identify best practice for accountability and appropriate reporting metrics that support goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective for the firm.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation and benefits globally.
- Improve leadership and organizational performance across all business functions.
- Helping to create a high functioning Executive Team through support and training.
- Assisting with talent acquisition efforts including the recruitment of high level professional management.
- Provide Train and coach management skills to Presidents and their Supervisors throughout the organization.
- Assist management teams in their assessment of talent, right person, right seat.
- Develop and implement a high-performance leadership development and manager training program for all levels of management, improving leadership effectiveness and employee retention.
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited College/University.
- MBA or MA/MS in Human Resources or related field.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification.
- Visionary leader with proven ability to create and implement HR strategies while simultaneously executing HR activities.
- Extensive human capital and transformation experience with a proven ability to demonstrate measurable results through the use of analytics and metrics.
- Proven experience in change management within a highly complex environment with multiple, geographically disbursed locations.
- A minimum of 15 years of HR experience, with at least five years of executive HR experience.