Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Laboratory Technician, R&D
- Harvey, IL, USA
- Full Time
Fuchs Lubricants Co. is the United States operating unit of Fuchs Petrolub S.E., the world's largest independent manufacturer of specialty lubricants with global sales of over $2.4 Billion. We provide high quality lubricants and services to a wide range of industries such as automotive, appliance, aerospace manufacturers, pharmaceuticals, transportation, mining, food and beverage, and energy. The organization is constantly developing new technology to meet the ever-changing demands of modern industry and we are recognized for providing world-class technical support to our strong customer base.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Reporting to the R&D Group Leader, the R&D Technician will support the R&D chemists through testing and formulating, and will assist with delivering on projects in the lab. The candidate must be a self-starter who is hands-on in the lab, stays up to date on current trends and technologies related to Fuchs' business, and who builds and maintains relationships within the Technical department.
WHAT WE EXPECT
- B.S. in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). B.S. in Chemistry preferred.
- Familiar with lab procedures and testing.
- Excellent record keeping and documenting skills, e.g., able to keep a well organized lab notebook.
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal, team-work, lab work, and communication skills.
- Able to conduct hands-on laboratory experiments and tests in an organized and safe manner.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be proficient with computers and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Familiar with patents and raw material databases.
- Experience in Product development and product modifications is preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
Fuchs Lubricants Co. offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. The benefits package offered to full-time employees includes: medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401(k), life insurance, LTD, flexible spending accounts, and tuition reimbursement.
Fuchs Lubricants Co. is an equal employment opportunity (EEO)/AA employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace (m/f/d/v).