Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Harvey, IL, USA
- Full Time
Fuchs Lubricants Co. is the United States operating unit of Fuchs Petrolub S.E., the world's largest independent manufacturer of specialty lubricants with global sales of over $2.4 Billion. We provide high quality lubricants and services to a wide range of industries such as automotive, appliance, aerospace manufacturers, pharmaceuticals, transportation, mining, and energy. The organization is constantly developing new technology to meet the ever-changing demands of modern industry and we are recognized for providing world-class technical support to our strong customer base.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
The R&D Scientist, reporting to the R&D Group Leader, will develop new formula prototypes and technologies in the Industrial lubricants product area. He or she will perform experimentation on the bench with conventional and creative approaches to discover new technologies, new formula bases, raw materials and processing techniques that lead to unique products. This individual will manage multiple projects, report on technical subjects and be a diligent problem solver, while maintaining a clear sense of priorities and focus.
WHAT WE EXPECT
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering required; PhD in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- At least eight years of experience in water-based or oil-based lubricant technologies and tribological characterization.
- Knowledge of chemistry, raw materials, surfactants, and dispersion technologies.
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal, team, project management, bench and communication skills is needed to work effectively within R&D, across departments, and across the global organization.
- Works both as a team player and individual contributor;
- Ability to be flexible, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure;
- Sound judgment in handling unanticipated situations with an entrepreneurial attitude;
- Self-starter with high level of initiative to explore and pursue new innovations Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented individual who can keep organized data on numerous projects
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office programs; familiar with design of experiment, literature searching, and patents;
- He/she must exhibit good performance, attendance and safety record in present position.
WHAT WE OFFER
Fuchs Lubricants Co. offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. The benefits package offered to full-time employees includes: medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401(k), life insurance, LTD, flexible spending accounts, and tuition reimbursement.
Fuchs Lubricants Co. is an equal employment opportunity (EEO)/AA employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace (m/f/d/v).