Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Scientist, R&D
- Harvey, IL, USA
- Full Time
Fuchs Lubricants Co. is the United States operating unit of Fuchs Petrolub S.E., the world's largest independent manufacturer of specialty lubricants with global sales of over $2.4 Billion. We provide high quality lubricants and services to a wide range of industries such as automotive, appliance, aerospace manufacturers, pharmaceuticals, transportation, mining, and energy. The organization is constantly developing new technology to meet the ever-changing demands of modern industry and we are recognized for providing world-class technical support to our strong customer base.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
The Senior R&D Scientist will work independently and provide technical leadership for lab processes and projects.
- Developing new solutions and improving existing products and processes
- Working in a team environment and partnering with internal functions (i.e. Product Management, Quality, Operations, Supply Chain, and Sales) to solve problems.
- To be part of the Global R&D network within Fuchs that shares best practices on R&D
- Providing guidance and mentorship to chemists.
- Staying current on trends within the industry.
- Networking externally with academic institutions, government labs, and industry-related organizations.
WHAT WE EXPECT
- The ideal candidate has been working in metal processing fluids or a related industry for 15+ years.
- BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering required. Ph.D. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- 10+ years' experience involving water-based metalworking fluids (metalworking, metal forming, corrosion preventatives, etc.) is preferred.
- Knowledge of chemistry, raw materials, surfactants, and dispersion technologies is required
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal, team, project management, bench and communication skills is needed to work effectively within R&D, across departments, and across the global organization.
- Ability to be flexible, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure;
- The ability to use sound judgment in handling unanticipated situations with an entrepreneurial attitude;
- The ability to conceptualize and apply innovative solutions;
- The technical and social skills to enable collaboration across the Global R&D network within Fuchs to create new solutions.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- The ideal candidate must be proficient with computers and Microsoft Office programs and be familiar with design of experiment, literature searching, and patents;
- He/she must exhibit good performance, attendance and safety record in present position.
WHAT WE OFFER
Fuchs Lubricants Co. offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. The benefits package offered to full-time employees includes: medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401(k), life insurance, LTD, flexible spending accounts, and tuition reimbursement.
Fuchs Lubricants Co. is an equal employment opportunity (EEO)/AA employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace (m/f/d/v).