Arthur J. Gallagher
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Data Science
at Arthur J. Gallagher
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokerage and risk management services firms, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting and actuarial services. Gallagher also offers claims and information management, risk control consulting and appraisal services to clients around the world. If you're looking for a professional career with an industry leader then you have come to the right place. Wherever your interests lie, we're sure you will agree on one thing: our continued prosperity hinges on our greatest resource --- our people.
The Directorof Data Science will partner with sales, marketing, and operations for Gallagher'sBrokerage segment. You will help buildand provide direction for a team of data science professionals. You and yourteam will leverage company and external data to develop predictive models that providesenior management with insights regarding revenue and process optimization. Theideal candidate will have proven experience managing large data sets anddeveloping predictive models. Good communication skills are essential as youwill provide highly technical, analytical assessments to management and amixture of technical and non-technical audiences.
·Build and manage a team of data science professionals.
·Partner with sales, marketing, and operationalstakeholders at Gallagher to identify areas where we can use data science toincrease revenue or improve processes.
·Develop predictive models, leveraging internaland external data, to optimize sales performance, customer experience, andmarketing spend.
·Partner with Data Governance and IT teams to defineand collect data needed for analysis. Assess the quality and effectiveness ofnew data elements.
·Develop company's process for model development,testing, and ongoing monitoring. Work with IT to establish an approach formoving models into production. Measure model performance used by the business andadjust models to ensure ongoing predictive value.
·Understand and track the competitivemarketplace, business issues, and data challenges in order to deliveractionable insights, recommendations and business processes.
·5 years of experience using statisticalmodeling and/or machine learning techniques to build models that have drivencompany decision-making.
·Degree in quantitative field, such as datascience, statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance, or economics.
·Experience with cloud tools and structures,preferably Azure. Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce,Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL, etc.
·Strong problem-solving skills and an ability toproduce results in an evolving environment.
·Proven ability to lead and drive projects andassignments to completion through others. Effectively engage and mentor talent.
· Ability to provide written and oralinterpretation of highly specialized terms and data to others with varying backgroundsand levels of expertise.
- Master's degree.
- Highest personal and professional integrity and strong work ethics.
- Collaborative team player orientation towards work relationships, strong culture awareness.
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization.
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.