Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc.
Gallagher BenefitServices, Inc. (GBS), a division of Gallagher,consistently stands out in a competitive marketplace as an employer ofknowledgeable, highly skilled and competitive talent. We are a company thattouches businesses and their employees on a personal level. At the core, ourjob is to help protect the health and well-being of employees and theirfamilies and provide for their financial security – all while allowingemployers to attract and retain the people they need to grow and succeed. As youconsider the value of working for our team, remember your talent, winningattitude and strong performance will be highly valued and will maximize yourfuture potential.
How will I contribute to thebusiness?
As the Regional Controller youwill directly support one of our largest regions by recommending processoptimization and supporting the budgeting process for branch leaders. In thishighly visible position, you will act as a corporate resource whilecollaborating with the sales, IT, and operations teams to ensure clarity andaccuracy in reporting. As a “Hands- On” leader in the business, you willprovide mentorship and support to up to six direct reports.
- You will lead financial operational and reporting activities for a region within the team, which may include some or all of the following areas: accounting, financial reporting, financial planning and budgeting
- You ensure thorough evaluation of financial aspects of business decisions for your region
- You maintain integrity of accounting and financial reporting and provides economic, strategic and operational planning information and analysis
- You collaborate with the corporate finance team in order to build and maintain standard methodologies across the various regions
- You utilize your leadership skills to develop a team of six employees ranging in experience
- You will build a team environment that fosters growth and development
- You will report directly to the Executive Controller and manage one of our most profitable regions
- We will ask you to learn and evaluate our current processes and work to create efficiencies in our complex environment
What skills will make me successful in this role?
- You navigate the B2B environment with ease and lean into your consulting experiences to help navigate change
- We are looking for a strong leader with experience in managing diverse finance professionals
- You believe in "The Gallagher Way" and can actively champion our core values
- We love professionals who insert positive energy into our business
- You act in a player/coach capacity and are comfortable in leading by example
- We believe in active listening as a tool to identify and manage complicated situations
DoI have what it takes to be considered?
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related discipline)
- 12 or more years related experience required
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Advanced Excel skills
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization.
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.